Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Opie and Anthony tournament at Showboat

This is taking place May 19th I heard it on radio today. $100 buy in and I called Showboat (Atlantic City) and they have no idea what blind structure is or starting chips. Was wondering if any O & A fans here know the structure from the show I really don't listen that often. I am thinking that the field should not be that difficult with fans just going for a good time to see them and not really understanding poker. I am just hoping it is not a structure that is mostly a pushfest after the first hour which I have experienced in lower level buyins before in AC.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Opie and Anthony tournament at Showboat

I've played at the Showboat in AC twice, and both times after the first break it was basically a pushfest. I doubt it would change much for a special O&A event.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:32 PM

Agree with #2, blinds move quick
Old 05-03-2007, 05:42 PM

Blinds at the showboat move at the same rate as every other tournament in AC with the Borgata being the exception. I think its 20 minutes for the weekday tournies and 30 minutes on the weekend. I found the fields pretty easy to navigate, I have final tabled three of the four that I have played there.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have run into Aces and then had AK lose to AQ all-in preflop in the two that I have played there.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, i love the showboat...great place...yeah......
Old 05-03-2007, 06:47 PM

Yeah, that was my experience at the showboat a few weeks ago. Entered into a $100. Doubled up early, after first break I was doing good. Moved to a new table, lost half my stack with straight and flush draw against two all in opponents. 15 minutes later without playing a hand I'm in push/fold mode and I push my 55 from the bb into chipleaders 33 from the sb. 3 on flop and my day is over (coincidently that same night I played at the Taj Mahal in a midnight tourney and the same thing happened. Doubled up early, lost a huge pot to someone that couldn't fold top pair with a 2 kicker, basically to the only person at the table that you couldn't bluff, then after the chipleader took down about 10 pots in a row with huge post-flop bets, I got my money in against him and another with AA v QQ v K7, four spades later I'm out of the tourney.)

The showboat structure was alright for a while, at least they had 20 minute blinds. The Taj Mahal did 12 minute blinds so people start shoving earlier or get caught playing crap hands cause they are trying to make something happen earlier.