Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Transition

[ QUOTE ]
Open raising is not so important in limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open-raising is vastly more important in limit than NL, and it's not close. Taking down the blinds or small pots on the flop (set up by a pfr) on a regular basis adds a lot to a limit player's winrate. It does almost nothing for a NL player.

Obviously there are times when you want to open-raise in NL, but whereas open-limping is frequently optimal in NL, it's usually a mistake in limit, especially from MP on.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Transition

i played my first NL tourney a couple of days ago, after 1 month learning limit, wow its a lot harder. Limit seems simpler in that a bet is worth 1BB ( or SB) , i found it really hard to adjust to coping with 1000 chip raises. I tried to play "proper" poker, but there was a total maniac at my table, who played at least 90% of his hands in the early stages, and sucked up everyone elses chips, got no help from anyone else. still managed to double my stack tho, maniac had 14 * stack. I guess in the end, a bet is a bet never mind the size , and if youve got a good hand, you will want to call. I would think bluffing is a lot easier in NL, specially if u have the big stack