Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: NFL Preseason Thread

I really think it's funny that people continually discount the Eagles season after season for whatever reason (hey that rhymed). I just don't get it, the team is so well coached and managed, and they've won what, 5 out of the last 6 NFC East titles? That's no small feat.

-They still have Donovan McNabb, who despite the injuries and the playoff debacles, is still one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. I'm interested in seeing how he does if Reid keeps with the balanced attack that he utilized when Jeff Garcia was under center. I think they're the team to beat in the NFC if he balances the pass:run ratio somewhere in the 55:45 range instead of his typical 60:40.
-They still have Brian Westbrook, who is without a doubt the most underrated and under appreciated player in the NFL. I would not be at all surprised to see him go 1,000/1,000 this year.
-They have some solid receivers in Reggie Brown and Hank Baskett, and while I think letting go of Stallworth was a bad decision, they will recover from it (they've done more with less).
-They still have (arguably) the best offensive line in football.
-They still have one of the best defenses in the NFL with Kearse, Dawkins, Sheppherd, Brown, Spikes, etc, regardless of who else is in there, Jim Johnson always has them ready to play their asses off.

As for my 49ers, since there has already been a good review done, anyone who was saying they didn't have an A/A+ offseason is on crack. I think Patrick Willis will be an easy pick for defensive ROY, and will be the anchor in the middle of our defense for some time. Draft was excellent, offseason signings were excellent, I'm stoked about this season [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]