Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: I made a vid

[ QUOTE ]
Nice vid, very solid play. I would find it very hard to fold that QQ from the SB but your logic seems justified. I also find it hard to fold AK there preflop but it likely is the best play. (I just find it hard to fold these days myself [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

The 65s hand your warey of how high you flush will be but this guy has potted flop and turn into two ppl on the flop and turn, I think his range is mainly a set or JQ twopair way moreso than higher flush cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

y, but there's another guy in there who's check-called the flop also. I'm not worried about the bettor, no. Esp after he bets turn again 3-w after the flush doesn't come.

[ QUOTE ]
Your AA hand on bottom left where villain 3B you pre, QTx flop, he leads and you rr to 88~. This is a very small raise, do you always raise so small in 3b pots? Could be OK if its what you do with all/most you range but I like to raise somewhat more, maybe 100 - 120 somewhere.

Initially I thought I prefer a flat call here in this situation as we dont need to protect our hand vs his range imo. Im not scared of another Q turning. Howerve thinking about it any K, Q or J is gonna be a bad card, likely slowing down you action if you're ahead or stacking you if it improves them to a set.

What is the consensous on the best play here, in a 3b pot, just raise flop hopeing to be put on a bluff/semi-bluff or playing it slow to induce ppl to pay off lighter?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is big and the board is structured well to gogogo. This is a must-raise for me. I don't want another T,J,Q,K or A dropping, because it can throw the whole thing upside down. Villain then has to be worried about more hands, I have to be worried about more hands. The situation is just very well setup. So I minraise and atleast give him a chance to push with whatever he has (OESD,JJ,AT,AQ,KQ,QJ,KK). Let's say he has one of those weaker holdings, like JJ. Then a turncard can only make it even more ugly for him OR he could catch up and beat me. I don't want to turn this into a situation where I only get action when I'm beat. If he folds to my minraise with JJ, then that's fine. I wasn't getting more action from him anyway (!!).

To be honest, if the turn comes another Q and he shoves then I have a serious problem. Because suddenly I'm bluff-catching instead of value-raking him. There really no need to do that. The pot is big so it's time for consolidation. The chances of him bluffing without a hand on the turn is very bleak as well.

So there's no need to be tricky. Just raise it up a little and let's gogogo.

Some may advocate raising larger, but that's the same thing as pushing. If you raise to $120 then you're obviously committing and are never ever folding. So I don't see the point in that. Unless you want to make it look like a bluff. But I think minraise/doubler does the job perfectly.

Remember, this is a big reraised pot and minraising is not some immortal sin.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:59 PM

Yeah, I like a bet there. Your hand doesn't have much showdown value so you want push off a weak hand that would beat your K high. A certain % of the time you'll lose of course when his hand is strong enough to call and I haven't analyzed these situations mathematically but my gut says a bet will be profitable in the long run, especially if you have a decent image. Just remember to adjust accordingly if he calls (= value bet future rivers to death). [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2007, 04:59 PM

I would bet the KQo river.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:00 PM

Gotta download that vid now so I can adjust to your play accordingly. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] You seem to find a lot of fishy tables so I'm just gonna follow you around the next few days. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gotta download that vid now so I can adjust to your play accordingly. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] You seem to find a lot of fishy tables so I'm just gonna follow you around the next few days. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exccelleennttt...

No I'll just play the complete opposite and I'll own all of the ssnl fish!@!!! mhuauaahaha
Old 08-01-2007, 06:06 PM

Yeh I noticed your tables were pretty juicy, i was gonna say wth are you doin playing FT but tables looked OK. but still why not play party if you allowed to? Im sure the players are bad enough to counter no RB (have you seen the average pot sizes! :O).
Old 08-01-2007, 08:45 PM

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $78.00
BB: $172.65
UTG: $218.00
Hero (MP): $184.80
CO: $129.90
BTN: $326.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $6.00, BB folds

Flop: ($16) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $10.00</font>, SB calls $10.00

Turn: ($36) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($36) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $24.00</font>

SB is 43/8/1.1/120.

Like?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hands that beat us:
- 5x, unlikely because he would lead river
- 9x, possible -&gt; folds often against $30 bet
- Jx, possible -&gt; folds sometime but mostly calls $30 bet
- pp (TT,88,66,77,44,33,22) -&gt; folds most of them often
- Ax -&gt; never folds, possible holding
- KsQs; splits. folds a lot

Yeah, I think there is merit to a bet. Especially because of the limp-call preflop it's weighted towards low pp's and weak 9 or weak J's.

How often does he need to fold for the bet to be profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you're betting $30 he would need to fold about 40% of the time to break even. I would say about 90% of his range he is at least folding some of the time so I would expect to see a fold here in total at least 50% of the time.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:00 PM

bankroll of 2k?

nice vid [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] love your reasonings, i think this would be a good way to improve my game.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bankroll of 2k?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't like to keep a lot on FT. (hacking, safety, etc)