Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who pays for your education?
Parents 117 33.52%
Other relatives 10 2.87%
Student loans 52 14.90%
Financial aid 69 19.77%
You 87 24.93%
other 14 4.01%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Barry Bonds indicted

[ QUOTE ]
So the fact that the govt. spent millions of taxpayers money and after 4+ years finally reached an indictment after 3+ tries(my numbers could be off), you would rate that as a plus to your argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with the resources used in this case. Steroids are dangerous to young people and lying to the grand jury in a criminal investigation is a serious crime. The attention this case will get and the possible deterrent it will be (particularly if there is a conviction) on both steroids use and care-free perjury make it worth every penny.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mother [censored] .... this is pre-empting college football live

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESPN shut up about non-sports please

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-15-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the fact that the govt. spent millions of taxpayers money and after 4+ years finally reached an indictment after 3+ tries(my numbers could be off), you would rate that as a plus to your argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with the resources used in this case. Steroids are dangerous to young people and lying to the grand jury in a criminal investigation is a serious crime. The attention this case will get and the possible deterrent it will be (particularly if there is a conviction) on both steroids use and care-free perjury make it worth every penny.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a ton of dangerous things in the world. Does not mean we should spend millions and millions on each of them. Personal Responsibility ftw.

/derail
Old 11-15-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a ton of dangerous things in the world. Does not mean we should spend millions and millions on each of them. Personal Responsibility ftw.

/derail

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to look at waste, just look to the Middle East. I'm not arguing about being over there, just the stealing by the contractors, etc. The amount spent over BB isn't even a blip on the radar.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/derail

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to look at waste, just look to the Middle East. I'm not arguing about being over there, just the stealing by the contractors, etc. The amount spent over BB isn't even a blip on the radar.

[/ QUOTE ]

guys, quit it, or else I'll start talking about Tom Brady
Old 11-15-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/derail

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He could have just told the truth from the beginning. That might have saved a few of our government dollars. Telling the truth is important; it makes law enforcement (something somewhat necessary) more efficient (regardless of whether its acutally efficient). There are sound policy considerations in favor of prosecuting (at least some) potential perjury.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:38 PM

I am going to try and cover off on all the Bonds apologists excuses for everything that could happen:

Bonds gets indicted: Took them 3 years and millions of $'s

Bonds has an old positive test we never heard about: planted obviously

Canseco has a picture of him sticking a syringe labeled "Steroids-the Illegal Kind" into the ass of Bonds, who we can tell it is Bonds because he is turned smiling at the camera and it was filed under "Fun Times at Balco" in Greg Andersons files: photoshopped.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:43 PM

This is only hours old and ESPN has gone totally overboard already. They've also announced they're doing some sort of special tomorrow at Noon. A couple of times the talking heads have just run out of [censored] to talk about, yet the coverage continues. I'd care more if they didn't keep on beating this horse I think.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:48 PM

Well if you're sick of it after three hours, just imagine how you'll be in a year.