Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2006, 11:35 AM

Default UCLA Taser Incident - Quoted Dialogue From Video

i know there was already a thread for this and it was locked for no apparent reason but i played the video back several times and wrote down every word that i could between the iranian kid and the police officers. i have yet to see anyone accurately quote everything that took place on the internet so i did it myself and i think its particularly important to post this because in the last thread alot of people seemed to think that the kid refused to leave.

all sentences without a - or ( to start the sentence are the iranian kid's words. all sentences with - to start are the officers. all sentences with () are of course details of whats actually occurring. also, i didnt count how many times the officers said "stand up" in each of the taser incidents.

dont touch me
dont touch me
dont touch me
-get up, get up
let go of me
(they taser him)
(as hes screaming) -stand up, stand up, stand up, stand up, get up, etc
WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME
-stand up, stand up
(kid cries)
heres your patriot act, heres your [censored] abuse of power
-stand up, stop fighting us
IM NOT FIGHTING YOU. I SAID I WOULD LEAVE.
-comply with the order. comply with the order
(top of his lungs)I SAID I WOULD LEAVE
(students interrupt the officers asking for badge numbers)
i got tased for no reason. i was leaving this god forsaken place. you stopped me. youre abusing your power. heres your justice at work, university C.
-stand up stand up, stand up
[censored] off
(2 officers at the same time)-stand up or youll get tased again. get up, get up, stand up. get up or youll get tased again, get up up, stand up, up, etc
i have (something) permission...
(the cops try to pick him up and he goes right back down to the floor. it looks as though he tried to pull down as they picked him up. if he was entirely limp they should be able to hold him in the air but in this case he looks heavier than he should be.)
(they tase him again)
AHH AHH YOU [censored] (cries as he jumps off the ground into the air hands cuffed behind his back)
-stand up. are you gonna stand?
ILL LEAVE. ILL LEAVE. I SAID I WOULD LEAVE
-stand up, stand up stand up stand up or youll get tased again, stand up stand up, stand up, (over and over), youll get tased, youll get tased again
(they tase him again)
(he cries as he jumps into the air with 1 foot above his head)
(at this point there is a ton of screaming so its hard to tell whos saying what but they finally drag him into another room. looks like a lobby)
(kid cries almost laughingly but a clear cry)
let go, please dont
-stand up
please dont, please
-stand up, stand up, thats all we want
(they tase him again; he screams)
(top of his lungs)IM HURTING
-i need you to stand up now. stand upx6

(they finally drag him out with his hands cuffed behind his back legs limped on the ground. he does not struggle.)

i tried to make sure i included everything that could be made out. however, there was alot of dialogue that could have been from the iranian but most likely from the students. later in the video when there is alot of commotion from the students its very difficult to make out anything the iranian says unless he screams it. its very possible he was speaking to the officers lightly and the crowd caused it to go unheard.

also, im no expert on the effects of tasering, but from what ive read in internet articles there are close to 100 death related incidents to tasering. tasering has been known to incapacitate someone for up to 15 minutes, but that is a very rare circumstance. most people can use all of their muscles 3 seconds after being tased.

in an audio feed located here , the studies of what tasering can do to you were mentioned. it wasnt very thorough but the scientist discussing its effects said that being tased puts more electricity into your body then a hair drier/bath tub accident, but when youre tased you are tased for a millionth of a second so its alot less deadly than the tub accident because youre electrified for longer.

i dont know if tasers can ONLY tase for a millionth of a second and then cant be used again for several seconds or not, but in this video the kid is screaming for seconds at a time, almost as if hes being tased for several seconds straight. thats clearly not how the taser is supposed to be used for 1 millionth of a second.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:58 PM

Default Re: UCLA Taser Incident - Quoted Dialogue From Video

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually where he says "I have a medical condition"

Also... why was that initial thread locked?
Old 11-18-2006, 04:13 PM

I'm waiting for the crimson challenge to come through for an over/under on how long it takes to get up after getting shocked. (I was under the impression that 80%+ of the posters thought it was laughably easy)
Old 11-18-2006, 04:25 PM

CHA CHING
Old 11-18-2006, 04:32 PM

Does anyone know what kind of Taser was being used? Cause I've seen videos on youtube of white trash people tasering each other for fun and defintely being able to move afterwards.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"The officers deemed it necessary to use the Taser in a 'drive stun' capacity. A Taser is used to incapacitate subjects who are resistant by discharging an electronic current into the subject in one of two methods: via two wired probes that are deployed from the Taser, or in a 'drive stun' capacity by touching the subject with the Taser. In this incident the student was not shot with a Taser; rather, officers used the 'drive stun' capability.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-18-2006, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

dont touch me
dont touch me
dont touch me
-get up, get up
let go of me
(they taser him)
(as hes screaming) -stand up, stand up, stand up, stand up, get up, etc
-stand up, stand up
(kid cries)
heres your patriot act, heres your [censored] abuse of power
-stand up, stop fighting us
IM NOT FIGHTING YOU. I SAID I WOULD LEAVE.
-comply with the order. comply with the order
(top of his lungs)I SAID I WOULD LEAVE
(students interrupt the officers asking for badge numbers)
i got tased for no reason. i was leaving this god forsaken place. you stopped me. youre abusing your power. heres your justice at work, university C.
-stand up stand up, stand up
[censored] off
(2 officers at the same time)-stand up or youll get tased again. get up, get up, stand up. get up or youll get tased again, get up up, stand up, up, etc
(the cops try to pick him up and he goes right back down to the floor. it looks as though he tried to pull down as they picked him up. if he was entirely limp they should be able to hold him in the air but in this case he looks heavier than he should be.)
(they tase him again)
AHH AHH YOU [censored] (cries as he jumps off the ground into the air hands cuffed behind his back)
-stand up. are you gonna stand?
ILL LEAVE. ILL LEAVE. I SAID I WOULD LEAVE
-stand up, stand up stand up stand up or youll get tased again, stand up stand up, stand up, (over and over), youll get tased, youll get tased again
(they tase him again)
(he cries as he jumps into the air with 1 foot above his head)
(at this point there is a ton of screaming so its hard to tell whos saying what but they finally drag him into another room. looks like a lobby)
(kid cries almost laughingly but a clear cry)
let go, please dont
-stand up
please dont, please
-stand up, stand up, thats all we want
(top of his lungs)IM HURTING
-i need you to stand up now. stand upx6

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-18-2006, 04:41 PM

FWIW, here's a video of a woman being tased for 5 seconds and she's able to walk immediately afterwards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2eSvsTbXIE

Heres another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beN0fjVy718

And theres a lot more on youtube if you just search for taser. I've looked at about 8 and so far I haven't found one where the person who was tased couldn't move afterwards.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the UCLA kid was just being melodramatic.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually where he says "I have a medical condition"

[/ QUOTE ]

it sounds to me like "i have a critical condition". i havent read anything in the press referring to this statement. anyone know if this guy really did have some sort of condition? seems like a weird thing to make up right after being tazed.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:16 PM

Bottom line on this thing is that the kid should have been gone long before the cops got there. He should have left when the librarian asked him to leave because he did not have a student card.