Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2007, 04:31 PM

Default When to give up when you miss

$2/$4 - 8 handed

The table has been fairly tight most hands not making it to the showdown. BB had played to this same pattern, tight and passive.

PreFolp: Hero is SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, CO (poster) checks, 1 fold, Hero Raises, BB calls, 1 fold.

My reasoning here for a raise was that against 2 random hands K9 wins more than 1/3 of the time and with tight play I thought I could just pick up the pot right here.

Flop:(4.5 SB) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>
Hero bets , BB calls

My thinking here was that if BB missed I pick up the pot right here.

Turn: (3.25 BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero Bets, BB calls

My thinking here is I now have a double belly buster and if BB probably didn't get help here

River (5.25 BB) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero Bets, BB calls.

The only way I could win this pot was to bet it and hope villain would be scared of an A and fold a small pair or fold a missed draw.

Are my justifications of my actions good thinking or just excuses to make poor decisions? Comments on any street would be appreciated.