Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-01-2007, 12:12 AM

Default K-7 rules all. esp. out of position

i've been killing the table. bought in for $200, a couple geometric all in wins gets me to $2,000. now, i have K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the 1-2 SB, cutoff who has been getting aces and kings all night with about $1400 raises to $16. there were two limpers. probably one of the worse smoothcalls i've made in a while, first because i'm in SB, second, there are two limpers who might be waiting for the raise.

anyway, it gets heads up, flop is T 7 4 rainbow.
I check, he bets $30. I tell him 'don't play AK like it's aces, man...' and call, putting him on high no pair.

turn is J. Bad card. I check, he bets $45. Now I can fold here without losing sleep, but something just didn't add up. Apparently I felt that he doesn't really care what i have, he was more concerned about taking the hand uncontested. I asked him 'you want me to call?' he shrugs. Took me a long while to call, but I called.

River is 8. board is T 7 4 J 8. I check, he bets an even $100. Great bet. Yet, again the bet was not convincing. How can he bet $30, 45, then 100? which what hand? TT? doubt it. 99? doubt it. And getting tricky with junk hands like Q9 were simply not in his poker repretoire. So it looked like AK or more likely KQ.

I call. he points to my hand, asking to see it. I object, and tell him 'I called you, what do you have???' and flips..........AQ

I say SHIP IT and soon after I left way up.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: K-7 rules all. esp. out of position

ur my hero!
Old 12-01-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: K-7 rules all. esp. out of position

were bbv posts like your OP in 2003?