Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 12:06 AM

Default KQo losing ground on the turn

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero...

UTG seems competent, SLAG, 26/10.3/2.5 (107), no relevant notes (the closest being PFR with A9o in CO then raising flop with TPMK).

MP3 is as loose as possible, a bit AG PF, passive after: 94/6.0/0.65, no relevant notes...just ATC.

BB is not as loose but similar: 61/7.1/0.50.

The ace on the turn is bad news, and the c/r is worse. Mind you, UTG did not raise PF and his range for that is pretty wide, but certainly includes a bunch of aces...and two passives are along for the ride. I think I should fold here.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: KQo losing ground on the turn

Raise this up preflop. Fold the turn.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the outs and odds again. I think hero has a peel/fold UI here. Looks like UTG has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] x[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] quite often. I suppose it could be 99 sometimes, too.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:23 AM

For starters, raise freplop.

Next, why did you bet the ace on the turn? Do you think none of your opponents has an ace? Do you think that anyone holding an ace is going to fold? The problem with bet/fold in this instance is that you have the odds to call for your 2pr-or-better outs. Check, see what MP3 does and if he bets what happens after him; it doesn't really kill you if it gets checked through, and since it looks like nobody's folding anyway why worry about giving a free card?
Old 11-25-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check, see what MP3 does and if he bets what happens after him; it doesn't really kill you if it gets checked through, and since it looks like nobody's folding anyway why worry about giving a free card?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fine with the turn bet. It gets value out of the potential flush draw and gutshot straight draws that are out there. It also gets value out of a hand like Q9. There's no particular reason to think an ace is out there yet given all the flop coldcalls (which is often an indication of better than a naked A-high compared to if they had just called one bet).
Old 11-25-2007, 02:00 AM

raise preflop. youve hand is better than SLAGs range. hand then goes differently.

turn CRs such as this signal strength but when slag does it it doesnt mean the immortal nuts. calling doesnt mean you have to call the inevitable river bet UI although youll see people at your tables calling all day every day in this sort of spot.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why did you bet the ace on the turn? Do you think none of your opponents has an ace?

[/ QUOTE ]
I bet because I think there's a reasonable chance that none of them has an ace, I think I'll find out right here if one of them does, and I'm going to make the draws pay for their card while I think I'm ahead.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:13 AM

Grunch:

I think the preflop call is fine. The raise is good because you are getting the money in the pot while you are ahead.

The bet on the turn? I think okay because you can't always check behind. Did you think they would fold? I find it usually really hard to get 3 of these guys to fold.. so that is why maybe I check here. I think a bet is best here with fewer callers

I think you are up against Ax maybe he has an ace and a flush draw. I think you have 5 outs to improve to 2 pair or 3 of a kind. So around 8 to 1 and the pot now is giving you 11 to 1 .. because you bet and had a couple callers I think it is correct to call.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:20 AM

Raise it preflop.

As played, I'd call the turn raise. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch:

I think the preflop call is fine

[/ QUOTE ]

rhayder, good grunch but Im going to ask, mainly for your benefit, why do you think preflop is fine?