Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: (value) bet this turn?

Wow,

I must be way off. I just read the whole post and (outside of maybe OP) I'm the only one checking this board?

The obvious str8ish board - which leads to players possibly having connecting hands that made two pair.

Weakish, but tagish players, betting into us.

This really seems like an induce bluff hand, or get to showdown cheaply hand.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 03:27 PM

sarge,

[ QUOTE ]
Checks with outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i was thinking, but no one is into it. obviously we have a great deal of equity, but i don't see why paying two bets to see the river is good for us. are we really ahead so often that we don't want to give a free card? what hands are folding that we want to fold anyway?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
saying, "He's x," and expecting me to read, "ah, that means he's y at the poker table," is you expecting me to have the same experiences you do.** In other words, your asking us to critique your play without actually giving us a read.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a valid argument, but i'm not sure what else i can do. if the facts i have on the player in question are "is asian", then that's all i have for a read and i provide it. would it really be better to just say "villain is unknown"?

obviously our experiences are going to be different. this is true whether we're talking about someone i have declared is a "LAG" or a so-called "weak TAG" or a "middle-aged asian guy". even though our experiences are quite different, surely we will come to an understanding faster by laying out all the facts than by constantly dealing with "unknown" villains.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that's a valid argument, but i'm not sure what else i can do. if the facts i have on the player in question are "is asian", then that's all i have for a read and i provide it. would it really be better to just say "villain is unknown"?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my point in my initial response on the tangent, tho. The read, "asian," is either inappropriate (you're applying your experiences with Asian players, which may be different from mine) or irrelevant (you're just telling me his nationality, not how he plays).

[ QUOTE ]
obviously our experiences are going to be different. this is true whether we're talking about someone i have declared is a "LAG" or a so-called "weak TAG" or a "middle-aged asian guy". even though our experiences are quite different, surely we will come to an understanding faster by laying out all the facts than by constantly dealing with "unknown" villains.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our experiences are different which is why we use terms like LAG, which we have developed a pretty standardized definition for. Just try posting "MP3 was a TAG: 38/23/0.2" as a read and see what the responses are.