Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 04:29 AM

Default TILT!

How do you deal with tilt?

I have a recent problem with tilt. I used to be a super solid player but I've changed my game where I play quite a bit faster and I think it's the right way to play in the games I play but I can't seem to slow down where I need to. I have realized my problem for a few games and have tried to adjust my thinking but still get "caught up" in the game and suffer the same result. On the bright side, I've proven to myself lately that skill is an important part of results in poker.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:41 AM

Default Re: TILT!

I know it can take different forms but I am not sure if that is tilt.

You have deliberately changed your style and perhaps are just having a job adapting. Also, are you 100% certain your new style is correct or are their lingering doubts?
Old 11-18-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know it can take different forms but I am not sure if that is tilt.

You have deliberately changed your style and perhaps are just having a job adapting. Also, are you 100% certain your new style is correct or are their lingering doubts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Rek. It sounds like you've taken up being more aggressive, and aren't yet used to applying aggression selectively. As a result you're a bit too reckless, and end up spewing chips.

I wouldn't qualify this as tilt. But it can be tilt inducing.

My suggestion:
1. Take more time to think when it's your action. Nobody's gonna have a problem if you take an extra bit every once in a while, and this can help you control your aggressive play better. Be sure that you're making the decision you want to make. Doing this will also help keep you from tilting. If you don't make stupid decisions, and realize that sometimes bad streaks happen, it's difficult to go on tilt. If you can't figure out what the right decision is in a particular situation, well, that's what the forums are for.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:11 PM

I have to agree with the previous posts...you're trying to play faster & although you might want to it must not fit your style. 'Tilt' is letting a beat or another players actions get to your emotions and letting THAT effect your play.