Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 05:54 AM

Default Rivered straight, 4 flush board, bizare line by villian.

So I think I played this hand pretty bad, but I really couldn't make any sense of what the villian was doing.

CO just lost his stack when his 6 high flush was beaten by a queen high flush. Since then he was mad tilty, had been betting really bizaare amounts pre, then folding on flop etc, ie raisng with what clearly wasnt strength. So I figured my initail call was +EV just because he was so tilted.

Had some history with UTG, he was playing at like 65/10, and was really lagging it up pre-flop. He generally didnt carry on too much after the flop if he missed, but OOP against him I couldn't really exploit him. I was still up about $60 against him though.

In a previous hand, he'd called a big re-raise on a 2 tone flop, checked the blank turn and then bet out big when the flush draw came home on the river. I folded my AK, and he showed two low unpaired cards.

I just couldn't make any sense of his line, the only possibility I could think of was AK diamonds, but that would be a wierd play pre, and against a guy playing 65% of his hands pre, I thought I couldn't really narrow his hand to exactly 1 hand.

Comments on pre, flop and turn play welcome. What to do on river, do you call or is this a clear fold?

What hands do you put him on?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $133.60
UTG: $117.35
CO: $47.55
BTN: $49.25
SB: $77.10

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">CO raises to $3</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $2.75, Hero calls $2.50, <font color="red">UTG raises to $5.50</font>, CO calls $2.50, SB calls $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

Flop: ($22) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $4</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($30) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7

River: ($44) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $15</font>
Old 10-17-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Rivered straight, 4 flush board, bizare line by villian.

anyone?
Old 10-17-2007, 09:30 AM

He might be playing 65% of his hands.. but he only raises 10%.. and he 3 bet you, so why would AK be a weird play?

I just fold preflop.. you're hoping to flop a draw basically which is going to be hard to play out of position.

This belongs in micro NL
Old 10-17-2007, 09:44 AM

Hi, he didn't just 3 - bet, he limp-re-raised, and only re-raised small.

If he was paying attention he would have seen that the CO was raising an aweful lot of crap, and I just flat called. So we both seem weak, therefore we should expand his range.

Its not just putting him on AK, its putting him on exactly AK of diamonds... That seems to be the only legitimate hand which makes any sense, however I know from previous hands that he is perfectly able to represent hands with nothing, so an funny bluff could definitely be in his range.

Maybe his random cards got lucky and hit a flush on the flop, but multi-way, he should be scared of the ace of diamonds unless he has it and he's not betting liek hes scared of teh higher diamonds.

Preflop, i mainly wanted to play agint the tilted initial raiser in CO, so i think the first call was fine. After UTG re-raises I'm priced in I think.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:54 AM

He has a smaller str8 here so many times itīs ridicoules..I would like to see a river raise
Old 10-17-2007, 10:04 AM

why are you calling the flop and turn if you are folding when you hit your hand. i would call. you have pretty sick odds to call.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He has a smaller str8 here so many times itīs ridicoules..I would like to see a river raise

[/ QUOTE ]

please don't raise, he will probably snap call with the 2 of diamonds
Old 10-17-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

please don't raise, he will probably snap call with the 2 of diamonds

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

I'd call the river bet though.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why are you calling the flop and turn if you are folding when you hit your hand. i would call. you have pretty sick odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I was hoping to hit my straight without seeing a 4th diamond, I guess drawing to 6 outs was pretty silly huh?

I never considered raising here, I'm never called by a hand I beat, and really doubt I fold many that beat me. Turning this hand into a bluff seems like a pretty bad idea.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:39 AM

just call. fold or raise somewhere earlier in the hand.