Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Why choose StoxxPoker?

Hi guys, I am done grinding it up from MSNL and my next step is SSNL (100NL+).

Now I am sure an online poker coaching page would help me to become a winning player on these stakes as well, but why should I choose StoxxPoker?

I read you guys don't want to say anything negative about other respected sites like Cardrunners, but what makes you better? If I look at CR, they offer much more videos than StoxxPoker does.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Why choose StoxxPoker?

I have not watched any cardrunner videos, but I know the players they have and they are very strong. Their NL selection is certainly extensive as well.

We currently have 46 SH NLHE videos, 7 HUNLHE videos (2 more I just made with stoxpoker pro Cottonseed to be finalized soon), and 7 full ring NL videos. We pride ourselves on the strength of our coaches play, but also the time and effor they put into coaching, both on the forums and through play and commentary on their videos.

My opinion is that you can't go wrong with either, I also think many would be best served to get both.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:32 PM

I am about to purchase a Stoxpoker membership. I chose Stox over CR because the monthly and sign-up fees were substantially cheaper and I feel Stox's promotions are better.

As far as quality of the videos, from what I have seen and read they are both quite comparable.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:32 PM

One thing we've really kept in mind with stoxpoker is that this is a poker coaching site first, and an entertainment resource second. One thing we are very conscious of is that the largest portion of subscribers are mid to low stakes players. While there is quite a bit of extremely advanced material available as well we've kept a focus on keeping most of the videos geared towards not only showing low-mid stakes table play (eg. 200NL) but we place a very high stress on communicating concepts that are necessary for mastering the more amateur levels.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:04 PM

One reason why Stoxpoker is so great is that the pros take a ton of time collectively each and every day to answer forum posts. If you have a question about a hand or a poker concept, an extremely high percentage of those posts end up getting answered by one of us. I know as I was going through the low limits I used to post on Stoxpoker. I would be so stoked when one of the pros answered my post. It really helped my game. It also really made me feel good about the site knowing that such talented poker players were consistently taking time out of their day to answer MY posts. Especially since the site doesn't guarantee that your posts will be answered by any of the pros. It was like a really cool bonus! Now that I am in a position to help it feels great to be able to offer some advice and help people with their games. Anyway, that is more or less one thing that I think is really cool about Stoxpoker.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:09 AM

Yeah k I will subcsribe in the next couple of days then. Do you guys never fear that Internet poker can dry out because of training and coaching offers?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:34 PM

How much do stoxpoker, cardrunners and pokerxfactor use hud stats in their tutorial videos?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:57 PM

Stoxpoker NL coaches use PAHUD in every one of their videos. We have pokertracker and PAHUD tutorial that are going to be soon released.

cottonseed
Old 10-11-2007, 10:51 AM

I'm watching the free sample videos. Bryce's classroom one sticks on 'acquiring license' (Firefox problem? The Flash version works anyway). Really like Stox's limit one 4-tabling Party, but I'm not used to thinking that quickly in an unfamiliar game, it would be really handy if his mouse pointer was a big red pointy thing so I could better follow his flow. I don't know if you can do that in Windows.

edit: yes, you can get a big black pointy thing...
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...terscheme.mspx