Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2006, 11:26 PM

Default Re: 10-25 AJo hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never do and find AJo very hard to play out of position here.

[/ QUOTE ]
the thing is, good players dont have this problem, so mb yu should learn to play well before you start taking this rude tone on the board.

[/ QUOTE ] I was in no way intending to be rude. I am just trying to learn how raising with AJo is profitable here. I am not saying it isn't, I just don't think it is for me (it could be but I don't believe it is). I was wondering if it is for Diablo, or if this is a variance play that he is making.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 5-handed, it would be exceedingly rare for AJ-high not to be the best hand in a limped pot. Any pair, any decent ace is coming in for a raise 99% of the time.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TWP,

5-handed, villain was UTG. SB folded initially, CO limper folded to the pre-flop raise, Button folded on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf would a tight solid player limp utg 5 handed? seems like it should be a small pair most often but flop call makes no sense. could it be TT? weak sauce not opnening TT, but I guess some people don't. would he limp a hand like QJs? most tight players won't.

i probably bet pot and obviously call a push, but c/c turn and push river or just cr turn all seem reasonable to me.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's 5-handed, it would be exceedingly rare for AJ-high not to be the best hand in a limped pot. Any pair, any decent ace is coming in for a raise 99% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ] I do agree that AJ is probably the best hand against the limpers ranges, but I don't think that necessarily means that we should be raising here. I think we need to consider how often he will be limpreraised, called (also how many callers), and also that our position will be the worst for the remainder of the hand. I believe that our poor position more than compensates for our small edge in preflop equity.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:03 AM

TWP,

Maybe a little nitpicky, but I said "tightish" not tight. I would expect him to open TT there most of the time. He's definitely playing QJs, which he could either open or limp.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Siuter connector from UTG?

Would he play a drawing hand out of position (UTG)?

Here I like your hand. I think you are probably in good shape, however, again so much here is opponent dependent. I don't mind the lower limit standard of check raising, but I lead here for somewhere between 1/2 to the size of the pot, depending on the game, opponent, live vs online etc. Let's call it 3/4 of the pot. The problem is if he has the flush or a set he moves in and you don't know which he has. But my guess is he has 2 pair at best, and you make money here. I personally don't like to play the suited connectors out of position, so if he is a good player I have trouble putting him on the suited connectors that hit the flush from UTG. Therefore, I would play this for all my chips. But you know the opponent, and that is the key in all these hands.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do agree that AJ is probably the best hand against the limpers ranges, but I don't think that necessarily means that we should be raising here.

I think we need to consider

how often he will be limpreraised,

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much never. Limp/reraise 5-handed? Very very rare.

[ QUOTE ]
called (also how many callers),

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo plays tight, probably not that much action here. No reason to think anyone's got anything worth calling. Or they would've raised it up themselves.

[ QUOTE ]
and also that our position will be the worst for the remainder of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you got a point here. I don't think Diablo's planning to play a big hand with one pair though. Most of the time he'll take it down pre or on the flop, and a lot of the rest of the time he'll have no pair and it will be easy to play.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:58 AM

this is a clear bet on turn. Bet 4\5 pot here. you said he was a thight player. There is unlikley that he is holding ATs or weaker aces. If he have hit a set, let him pay for it
Old 02-22-2006, 02:04 AM

Default Results

All,

I checked, he bet 800, I checkraised allin for 2000ish.

Someone the other day mentioned that Strassa "had to bet" a lot of hands in the TT v. KK hand. I disagreed.

However, on this board, I think there's only so wide a range that Bucky will have, and with this turn card he will "have to bet" much of it on the turn. So I checked.

gg asked if I wanted to get 2k in on this turn. The answer to that is that I'm not oppposed to it, but I'd rather me put in the last 1000 and have him call as opposed to him deciding whether or not to put me allin.

He had KQ and the river blanked off.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]

He had KQ

[/ QUOTE ]

<boggles>

Is limping in with that hand normal in your game?
Old 02-22-2006, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He had KQ

[/ QUOTE ]

<boggles>

Is limping in with that hand normal in your game?

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF