Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: $22: 66 OTB, bubble hand

[ QUOTE ]
You're really overestimating the amount of times the blinds come over the top in these situations especially on the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't.
I said, I'd open shove against some kind of villains, I classified them usually as very good or regulars that might know I'll raise/fold a lot or here or so, read it.

Against most villains, in this spot a minraise or 2.5x is the appropriate way to play it.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Depends on my reads of the opponents.

I'll push if they are tight calling all-ins but like to see flops anyway. I'll min-raise/fold or so if they are very weak-tight. I'll fold, if I spot them to be weak bubble players, like to call too weak hands.

If they are good but still standard SnG players, I'll push, as those will be too weak-tight (but might be capable of restealing). If they are "standard" regulars, I'll push about 25-35% of time and fold otherwise.

It they are really great (having ROI of 20% or so), I'll just fold. Those would be capable of calling correctly with AK, 77 or so, but those players are rare at 22s.

I hope, I confused you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But Standard play without reads would be a fold here, probably push with 77, definitly with 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

You offer 3 options...Pushing, Folding, or Min-Raising. I can understand an argument for folding, but not pushing or min-raising.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:23 PM

lolo kamel your logic is so flawed.
just exclusively open monsters on the bbl if you get restolen on all day.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[
You offer 3 options...Pushing, Folding, or Min-Raising. I can understand an argument for folding, but not pushing or min-raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your opponents are really tight, there is no real difference between minraising, 2.5x,3x BB in terms of restealing, but in your risk/reward ratio. So, if SB and BB will only play back if they have very good hands, a minraise might be enough. Being said this, I'll personally still prefer 2.5x, as it looks more sound ant it is good even without good reads, but I still wanted to provide the minraise-option as it might the best against the right opponents. Some of my 20% ROI regulars play so like against the tight fishes and it works for them (and I mean at $50-$100 level), so there is a point in doing so.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:29 PM

But some of your 20% ROI regs at the 50-100$ level don't do it, right?
And it works for them, right?
Old 11-29-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lolo kamel your logic is so flawed.
just exclusively open monsters on the bbl if you get restolen on all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only explained that my logic is valid if you as BU might play against me.

Raise/Fold shows -EV against my reraising shoving Range if I spot you as a solid SnG player.

I didn't said you should shove 66 against any2 players, but only against some very aggressive ones.

If you don't like it, well, so don't like it.
I like the extra 3-5% ROI I make against regulars, and I laugh about all these guys here in this forum telling that ROI of 15% is not possible at $50-$100. Even at $200 SnGs it's still possible to get more than 10% ROI.

Of course not, if your only option here with 66 on BU is to raise/fold it.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But some of your 20% ROI regs at the 50-100$ level don't do it, right?
And it works for them, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some are minraising and it works for them.
They have balanced their MR-Range well and have good reads about their opponents. None of them does more like 4-6 tabling (I also don't).

I find it a bit too hard to work the minraising-strategy into my game and as I also win good, so I don't need it yet. I focus more on reraise/shove-Play that works like I play it for me. If I consider to move up to $500+, I'll probably reconsider it, who knows.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:03 AM

I mainly raise t375 here but a specific read on BB could make me fold or even limp.