Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Re: View: Guy is the nicest guy on the planet (or the dumbest)

classy move by Guy, what a great person.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:34 AM

David's play looks pretty bad here. That said, if Guy is known for being a "nice guy", and doing dopey stuff like that, his push starts looking a lot better.

Guy seems to be a friendly fellow, but I play against enough fish at small stakes. I know how they play, and I don't need to see their hole cards in a high stakes game. It's unfortunate that people prefer watching Gold/Guy/Farha over good players.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:23 AM

Whenever I'm offered free money I firmly decline and proceed to burn some of my own money to show that I'm a big boy.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:29 AM

Guy did it to own Fat Boy. To show him I'm so rich I'll cut your degenerate ass a $400k+ break.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:05 PM

If you're a regular to the HSP spoiler threads, it's a great time to go on an ignore user spree. After a couple of weeks the threads will contain far less railtard [censored], except for the morans actually quoting and replying to them. Just ignore them too if they persist.

/public service warning
Old 11-24-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whenever I'm offered free money I firmly decline and proceed to burn some of my own money to show that I'm a big boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a beautiful quote.

My point regarding bankrolls was that those who seem "properly" bankrolled (Laliberte for sure, Ivey, Brunson, Greenstein, Antonius) seem a lot more confident in their situations than those less bankrolled (Benyamine, Esfandiari) for starters.

...Now if only many of these players understood the lesson.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:43 AM

How can people complain that this was bad TV? It was some of the best TV i've ever seen. It was great seeing Guy be such a great guy (no pun intended), and fun to see Benyamine on the brink of suicide, but then get let off lightly.

Also, you can't seriously criticize Benyamine for accepting the offer. Can someone work out exactly how much equity Guy lost though?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone work out exactly how much equity Guy lost though?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It's unpossible.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: View: Guy is the nicest guy on the planet (or the dumbest)/HSP SPO

David is such a degen.

The flaming for him here is a little harsh though IMO. "LOL DAVID, GUY LOOSE PASSIVE FISH HE RAISED BIG, AND YOU SHOVE FD? WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?"

I highly doubt David thinks he played this well and was just a victim of a cooler, the guy has to have immediately realized a quick lapse of his judgment put him in the biggest pot of his life as a big dog. The better the player the fewer mistakes, especially obvious ones like this, but they can and do happen.

Of course his tolerance for this kind of pressure is incredibly high compared to most of ours, but the look on his face just screams of that stomach dropped, gingerale brain feeling of dizzy shock you get when you end up in a MASSIVE pot behind and you just can't believe what you just did.

I doubt he's focusing his thoughts on how he shouldn't have been in the game, I doubt he's focusing his thoughts on his equity, he's probably just thinking "Dear God I wish I didn't make that mistake." (JMO of course, high stakes guys on here would know much better than I.)

And someone offers him a chance to basically take back the single biggest mistake he has ever made in his poker career, for what is most likely a BIG chunk of his active roll. I highly doubt most people would turn that down.

Yea it makes for some anticlimactic television, but a famous poker player getting on TV and throwing a good chunk of his roll on the table and shoving a flush draw isn't a bad thing to show some casual players either.

I wonder what Patriks stake was, whatever percent it apparently was enough to really rattle him.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The one good thing about this is you actually see what these people's true bankrolls really are, and the answer is: not much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling that guys like Greenstein/Brunson/Anonious/Ivey have alot more than Benyamine. Just a hunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably