Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker\'s Official Response to \"superuser\" allegations

[ QUOTE ]
The US court system has NEVER ruled that online poker is against the Law..In fact the courts have ruled a number of times the the 61 Wire Act only applies to Sports Betting(re The Master card case for example) and APS has no connection to sports betting..If APS did bring suit in the US it would "force" a US Court to rule on the "Legality" of poker ONLY in order to establish "standing"(hope that's the correct use of the legal term)...Even if APS case was completely baseless(which I believe without a doubt it would be) the courts would first have to rule on the "legality" of poker..

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why APS would have to get a ruling on online poker being legal to get standing.

The reason they will never sue anyone is because the damage to APS caused by the publicity of a lawsuit would be much greater then they could ever hope to recover.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:47 PM

More breaking news in the BBV thread a bit ago.

They found out who's account it was that was cheating.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:03 PM

This is the latest thread, btw.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:34 AM

I am pretty sure that they are going to [censored] themselves when they read this.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:30 PM

just watched it now on u-tube....i didnt really buy in to this 'seeing all the hole cards'....first thing i thought was credit card fraud...seemed like 1 player playing at least 5 of the acounts himself...and some of the worst disguised chip dumping ive ever seen. He could have been cheating for while and was dumping chips to his 'exit' account, but the manner of the dumping was just plain ridiculous. My bets prob a credit card scam...but im pretty certain its the same person filling a table with his own accounts.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:33 PM

Link to cliffnotes and recent developments HERE. Those threads are massive but the cliffnotes do a great job of summarizing this situation.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just watched it now on u-tube....i didnt really buy in to this 'seeing all the hole cards'....first thing i thought was credit card fraud...seemed like 1 player playing at least 5 of the acounts himself...and some of the worst disguised chip dumping ive ever seen. He could have been cheating for while and was dumping chips to his 'exit' account, but the manner of the dumping was just plain ridiculous. My bets prob a credit card scam...but im pretty certain its the same person filling a table with his own accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice trick.. How could this be done in a Multi-table tourney with random seating
Old 10-18-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

THANK GOD WE FINALLY CRACKED THE CASE
Old 10-18-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is getting black-helicopter crazy.....who is bigsyxx? 2 posts and he doesn't agree.....? .......fishy....
Old 10-21-2007, 07:59 AM

Someone has likely mentioned this but here's my theory. Absolute Poker had nothing to do with this thread. The former president guy who cheated did so just out of spite, his only motivation to hurt AP. He obviously didn't care that it looked obvious, he counted on it. I bet he knew there was little chance he'd actually see any of the money so he just dumped it off to random people at high stakes games. Then to make AP look even worse he made this post pretending to be from AP since if that is an actual response, WOW GG AP.