Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 11:18 AM

Default ******* Official Patriots SuperBowl or bust thread *******

I'm really pumped as a Pats fan about this year. I mean seriously, our offseason was just amazing. The only thing missing is Samuel, so hopefully he comes back.

I'm really excited to see how Moss/Thomas especially will do this year. Stallworth/Welker/Merriweather etc. could also turn some heads.

I think Brady will have his best year and we will win the superbowl. This is the best team on paper we have ever had, so hopefully it all works out.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:05 AM

Default Re: ******* Official Patriots SuperBowl or bust thread *******

You know that starting this thread was totally unnecessary, thats why no one responded. I have it on good authority that the Vince Lombardi trophy under lock and key in the Commissioner's Office already has the New England Patriots engraved onto it.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:22 AM

Am I the only one on this board who didn't like Merriweather as a prospect? Seemed like an out of character pick for Pioli to me.

I do think trading picking up Welker and dropping Daniel Graham for Kyle Brady and over a million in extra cap space were good moves for them.

I think they over payed for Thomas, but I think everyone who made a big free agent acquisition this off season over payed.

As a Pittsburgh fan, I still think San Diego has more talent than NE. But with Norv at the helm and the loss of Wade Phillips I would put you guys as the favorites right now like everyone else.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As a Pittsburgh fan, I still think San Diego has more talent than NE. But with Norv at the helm and the loss of Wade Phillips I would put you guys as the favorites right now like everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

San Diego vs New England talent wise is close, but the coaching staff in NE is just soooooooooooooooooooo much better that I am not too worried about SD this year.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know that starting this thread was totally unnecessary, thats why no one responded. I have it on good authority that the Vince Lombardi trophy under lock and key in the Commissioner's Office already has the New England Patriots engraved onto it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one on this board who didn't like Merriweather as a prospect? Seemed like an out of character pick for Pioli to me.

I do think trading picking up Welker and dropping Daniel Graham for Kyle Brady and over a million in extra cap space were good moves for them.

I think they over payed for Thomas, but I think everyone who made a big free agent acquisition this off season over payed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Merriweather has a ton of natural talent. I do agree he was out of character pick, but the talent is there. I trust bellichek to turn him around.

I think NE has more talent than SD but just bearly. I feel our offense is better as well as our defense, but both are only slightly better than SD. I am much much more worried abut SD than the Colts (altho still somewhat worried about the Colts).
Old 08-17-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not too worried about SD this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlike you, I remember the 60-minute street brawl they played last year in the playoffs--it's what softened up the Pats' D and allowed Peyton to go nuts the following week.

That SD team gained a TON of respect in my eyes after that game. It was the most physical, punishing football game I've ever seen.

Don't forget, SD had to make of ton of mental errors (like dropped passes, dropped interceptions, and bone-headed personal fouls on 3rd downs) to lose that game, and it was still close.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:41 PM

SD>>>>NE in that game last year, NE was very lucky to advance
Old 08-18-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SD>>>>NE in that game last year, NE was very lucky to advance

[/ QUOTE ]

Which bodes badly for SD since NE now has better personnel and SD has to start from scratch with a new coaching staff.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:27 AM

New England are the clear favorites, everyone else is pretty deeply flawed.