Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 05:28 PM

Default looking at the dell inspiron 1721 notebook vs the 1720

Im interested in the 1721(amd turion 2.2ghz), but the only video card option is the ati radeon xpress 1270 hypermemory(integrated card). Also, the ram option is 2gb (no 3or4gb option available) My question is having maybe two or 3 poker sites up with 6-8 tables pokertracker, pokerace, yahoo messenger etc.. up at the same time. Is this going to be jerking around all over the place or can this system handle it. Does anyone have the 1721 or 1521 system with the amd processor? Should I just go with the 1720 intel system? Anyone who can give me the pros and cons on this system would be great.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: looking at the dell inspiron 1721 notebook vs the 1720

All the benchmarks I have seen say it is better to upgrade the procesoor over adding more RAM after 1GB (I think 2GB is a good choice though).

Upgrading the 1720 to the T7250 seems like a good option. You will be going from 1.5Ghz to 2.0Ghz.

Don't look at the frequesncy comparing AMD to Intel. the Core2Duo smokes the Turion....... and it's not even close.

Last AMD vs Intel benchmarks I saw AMD couldn't even compete with the old Core Duo's.

I would be surprised if you had any lag with that setup but I am sure you will get a response from someone with some exprience.