Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 10:54 PM

Default Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Why is there any discussion within the Ron Paul team about returning money DONATED BY THE LEADER OF STORMFRONT?

The idea that any other political leader would accept money and not return it the moment the source was identified is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a thread on the first page that talks about his policy on this. He'll take money from pretty much anyone, but he's not going to change his principles based on who donates to him. So whatever, I say. Their money still spends. It's not as if he's going to start pandering to white nationalists or anything.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:03 PM

you two are kidding, right? I mean, I know you're not, but it's still priceless.

wasn't there also a big thread or at least a big hijack in this forum last month about how the evil MSM is ignoring Hillary's initially taking donations from Hsu before returning them? Obviously, taking money from Stormfront isn't nearly as important an issue, but I'd think you guys would support, say, 2 out of 3 NY newspapers printing front page articles on the subject, right?

edit: The Nov. 5 Ron Paul donation rally thread on, umm, the appropriate website has 568 pages loooooooool.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you take his money if he were to sit at your table?

[/ QUOTE ]
If I'm interpreting the question right, No, I would not play poker with him. I similarly would not play poker with some Ku Klux Klan representative.

I don't think this is a minority view.

[ QUOTE ]
Accepting money does not mean that Paul will give favors for it. His record in congress shows the opposite to be true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, the donation is a symbol of support. Presumably, fascist anti-semitic groups like Stormfront believe that out of the various candidates, Ron Paul is most likely to share their views - he is their preferred candidate.

That's one hell of an endorsement.

Who else would Ron Paul accept support from? Does it stop at Stormfront, or does it go further?
Old 11-12-2007, 11:14 PM

I don't get it. If some dumbass nazi wants to send his money to Paul, I'm all for it. It increases Paul's campaign funds but doesn't effect the principles. Maybe the guy is opposed to being forced to send his money to Israel. I am too, but for a different reason I would assume. Perhaps Paul should return the money as a symbolic gesture. I don't think he should, though.

Adanthar,

My concern with Hillary's donations are that I think that the fact that they are bundled makes it more likely that favors are expected in return. That doesn't mean I think she should return them. I don't think this is the case with Paul. If I did I wouldn't support him.

The poker analogy, I admit, may not be very analogous. My point, though, was that you can take an idiot's money and not support his views. You both obviously have one thing in common, playing poker. It doesn't mean that you aren't as different as night and day.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you two are kidding, right? I mean, I know you're not, but it's still priceless.

wasn't there also a big thread or at least a big hijack in this forum last month about how the evil MSM is ignoring Hillary's initially taking donations from Hsu before returning them? Obviously, taking money from Stormfront isn't nearly as important an issue, but I'd think you guys would support, say, 2 out of 3 NY newspapers printing front page articles on the subject, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really know a ton about Hsu, but I guess if the money was obtained illegally, that would be a pretty signficant difference. If not, whatever. I don't really care if she gets money from shady people (in fact I pretty much assume everyone does; most just goes unreported).

Furthermore, we both know that the only reason Hillary returned the money is because it would've been a media [censored] storm if she hadn't. It's not like she did it on principle.

PS: It really annoys me how no one can make a point in this forum without sounding all [censored] smarmy like that. Which is pretty much why I never post here.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:17 PM

The Stormfront guy may support Ron Paul, but that does not mean Ron Paul supports the Stormfront guy and what he stands for. I think the Israel thing Jay mentioned may have something to do with it.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:18 PM

i think they should use their money for racist causes where that money isn't discriminated against, rather.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, we both know that the only reason Hillary returned the money is because it would've been a media [censored] storm if she hadn't. It's not like she did it on principle.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what am I supposed to make of the fact that so far, Paul hasn't actually returned the money? Is the incoming media [censored] (assuming they start taking his candidacy seriously) an MSM plot to sink it?
Old 11-12-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what am I supposed to make of the fact that so far, Paul hasn't actually returned the money? Is the incoming media [censored] (assuming they start taking his candidacy seriously) an MSM plot to sink it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron Paul doesn't pander like Hillary. Thats why many like him.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If in fact there was a MSM [censored] (and we both know there probably won't be just because he isn't a frontrunner), I wouldn't really see it as a conspiracy against him specifically; more just the media reporting on whatever semi-sensationalist thing will make for a good story.

I think the cool thing is that Paul probably couldn't care less if there were a [censored] because he doesn't have anything to hide.