Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 08:13 PM

Default 33$ HU sng: Pocket Tens => get in or get out ?!

No reads on villain.He might be angry(on tilt?) because he lost a good amout of chips during the last few hands. But no prove for that.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t10/t20
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t80)</font>.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t120, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets t100</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to t200</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises all-in t1810</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in t870</font>.
Uncalled bets: t740 returned to hero.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t2260, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t2260)

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t2260, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t2260)

Results:
Final pot: t2260

What do you think about my push?
Anyone here plays it different?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: 33$ HU sng: Pocket Tens => get in or get out ?!

Standard.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No reads on villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't post starting stacks, but you've won about 400 chips. And you've played a few hands. And you have no worthwhile reads ?

You need to do something about that to become better at HU play.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You didn't post starting stacks, but you've won about 400 chips. And you've played a few hands. And you have no worthwhile reads ?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the one hand, you are right, I have to watch out for useful reads on villain more thoroughly. But on the other hand I didn`t really mean I have absolutely no reads, just no reads that would be useful in this spot. And hey, we have played only about 15 hands so far. I`m not that much of a brain to be able to read my opponent like an open book after 15 hands.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the one hand, you are right, I have to watch out for useful reads on villain more thoroughly. But on the other hand I didn`t really mean I have absolutely no reads, just no reads that would be useful in this spot. And hey, we have played only about 15 hands so far. I`m not that much of a brain to be able to read my opponent like an open book after 15 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but has he been passive or aggressive, generally? Has he folded lots, or tried to bluff from time to time? Anything might be helpful...although in the absence of a strong read, this is a call.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but has he been passive or aggressive, generally? Has he folded lots, or tried to bluff from time to time? Anything might be helpful...although in the absence of a strong read, this is a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean push?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Small detail, I'd raise to 80 pf.

If he's been c/c pf raises and c/f flops or otherwise seems passive, I'd call the minraise and reevaluate. Maybe if there was a FD on the board, I'd be more apt to 3bet all in.

I suppose pushing here is standard but with blinds so low I prefer a fold and wait for a better spot. We're only beating a 3, 7, 88 or 99, I doubt he raises with A6 or 68.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:59 AM

How did he lose those chips you said he lost? Did he lose them because of your aggression and now feels that you are pushing him around or did you actually show down hands against this guy? The first reason makes the push even more +EV. It is a standard push otherwise without reads.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:06 PM

Didn't notice stack sizes. I'd definitely push, especially considering his previous losses.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:12 PM

I agree, would definitely push here myself aswell.