Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (Week of 9/17 - Poker At Its Best)

So my gf and I are watching PAD on dvr and out of the blue Hanson says something like if he makes this call the people at 2+2 will be on him and she looks at me and says "hey, that's you!"

I was so proud I had to wipe away a tear.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:16 AM

I wish the grinder would stop crunching ice while in hand with Lindgren. Everything got quiet then crunch crunch crunch sounded like mic was placed on a tooth lol!!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:31 AM

Oh Gus is so awesome, he's my mancrush f Antonius.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So my gf and I are watching PAD on dvr and out of the blue Hanson says something like if he makes this call the people at 2+2 will be on him and she looks at me and says "hey, that's you!"

I was so proud I had to wipe away a tear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes all of those years of hard work worth it, doesn't it?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:33 AM

Default incessant chatter

can they focus on the game or must the other players just chatter away endlessly while a player is trying to make a decision. it's as if they have little interest and focus in the game. much different from last week when hellmuth and brunson are totally focused and you dont hear this pointless chatter that is constantly going on.

all i hear when lederer opens his mouth is blah, blah, blah. man, he puts me to sleep. maybe my hearing is going bad. but he and the rest don't seem to be taking the game too seriously as they continue to have their roundtable coffe discussion going on.

please shhhhhhhhhhhh! no talking in the poker room allowed when $100,000 is at stake. you all can blabber afterwards at daniel's house while you are all playing the wii. please, just get back to poker. that's why i tune in.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: incessant chatter

[ QUOTE ]
can they focus on the game or must the other players just chatter away endlessly while a player is trying to make a decision. it's as if they have little interest and focus in the game. much different from last week when hellmuth and brunson are totally focused and you dont hear this pointless chatter that is constantly going on.

all i hear when lederer opens his mouth is blah, blah, blah. man, he puts me to sleep. maybe my hearing is going bad. but he and the rest don't seem to be taking the game too seriously as they continue to have their roundtable coffe discussion going on.

please shhhhhhhhhhhh! no talking in the poker room allowed when $100,000 is at stake. you all can blabber afterwards at daniel's house while you are all playing the wii. please, just get back to poker. that's why i tune in.

[/ QUOTE ]

$120,000

and I'd rather watch this than some dead-silent snooze fest (see first installment of WSOP Champions' week)
Old 09-19-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Tuan Bet

They kept talking about the basketball bet with Tuan. Sounded like it was with Antwan Jamison. Sounded very interesting. Does anyone know if it really happened?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Tuan Bet

maybe antoine walker from the heat, they did say he doesnt play defense and can make a ton of 3s in PRACTICE.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:58 PM

really curious about the tuan b-ball vet. Its not Jamison or walker because tuan said he wasnt that strong and only benched 225, both those guys are strong. He also said he was 6'9 and eric said he is one of the toughest defenders in the leauge but cant shoot free throws. Any guess? ps whoever it is that is a horrible bet for tuan. I played low DI college ball and would probaly take that bet against tuan. anyone in the nba is unbeleivably skilled and athletic a 5'4 asian dude has 0 chance ever to score a single point if the nba guy is trying no matter what shoes he has on.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
really curious about the tuan b-ball vet. Its not Jamison or walker because tuan said he wasnt that strong and only benched 225, both those guys are strong. He also said he was 6'9 and eric said he is one of the toughest defenders in the leauge but cant shoot free throws. Any guess? ps whoever it is that is a horrible bet for tuan. I played low DI college ball and would probaly take that bet against tuan. anyone in the nba is unbeleivably skilled and athletic a 5'4 asian dude has 0 chance ever to score a single point if the nba guy is trying no matter what shoes he has on.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Antoine Walker.