Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 01:03 AM

Default Re: USPC on ESPN Schedule(Jamie Gold Again!!!)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't Moneymaker make a FT in a WPT event?

[/ QUOTE ]

He finished 2nd in the Shooting Stars tournament that Phil Gordon won.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moneymaker also played fairly well on that super-dull week of champions PAD. IMO.

I've been reading these boards for a while now and to me it seems that whoever wins the ME, or some other legit title, needs to keep proving themselves over and over (i.e. Hachem). There is just no respect for tourney winners anymore. LOL
Old 02-20-2007, 01:32 PM

I think the discussion is not about winning with 2/3 of the chips but whether Gold is a talentless player. I am writing in his defense because it would be great to have a guy like Gold contribute to these MTT threads(not because I am in fact Gold or a relative of his). I think this MTT community misses out on a lot of good players contributing to this forum because of the ridiculous and irrelevant bashing. If you don't believe me look at the quote by Daniel Negreanu at this thread where a poster asks Daniel why he won't consider contributing his ideas to this site:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9204080

"Trust me, I wouldn't be welcome in a place like this. Posting in the strat forums here would be akin to me just banging my head against the wall, seriously.In my opinion, there are too many hateful posters in this newsgroup that aren't out to either listen or learn, but instead to look for fault in anything that I were to say or do. It's just not worth it to me. I have a forum that I post in regularly that's comfortable for me."

Now personally I thought he was overreacting until a poster on that same thread suggested that his mother smoke a spliff. He is going to read something like that and say to himself why bother posting here, and now the MTT community loses a very valuable contributor. Whether you like him personally or not, no one can deny the talent of Gold. I would like to try to encourage Gold and others with skill to contribute here. I think Sklansky and the other sponsors of this site would agree(and maybe could comment on this formally). Specifically addressing your comments on Gold:

1. If you think he is annoying then you must really hate guys like Tony G., Bernie King, and perhaps Matusow and Hellmuth. I find Tony G. incredibly annoying at the table(I like Matusow and Hellmuth) but that is part of their game, psychological warfare, and it is not illegal. Some of Gold's comments I think were rule violations which I think are improper but, then again, it is the player's resosibility at the table who is being disadvantaged to request a penalty and I saw no one do that so that is their problem, and Gold is goign to push the envelope until someone does request a penalty;
2. "He thinks he is better than he is" and he is a "scumbag" are inane subjective comments and ad hominem remarks requiring no response;
3. We personally do not know the deal he had with Leyser.
4. To say that the winner of the Main Event is "not that good" and speculating whether he will make a final table in the future is absurd.

Mr. Gold-How about contributing to some of the strategy threads? I am sure there are plenty of individuals here who would welcome your thoughts and ideas.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:45 PM

lol
Old 02-20-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-20-2007, 05:59 PM

If you wanna be a fanboy of a pro player, that's fine, alot of people are of various ones.

But please try to pick one that doesn't embarass yourself so much.

I can't wait till the next WSOP ME rolls around so Gold can be replaced by the next winner, most likely another donk.

You know why Gold won the WSOP ME? Because somebody HAD to win it. It's just that simple.

You get 8,500 players together, roughly ~6,000 of which are anywhere from bad to completely terrible and odds are many terrible players go very deep, perhaps even win.

Least we forget Aaron Kanter and Tiffany Williamson in 2005, no where to be seen in 06.

Bottom line, any random fool can catch a hot run of cards and the perfect set of coolers and luck to win a single tournament.

If you fail to realize this you must not play poker or have not studied it very much.

Poker "skill" can only be looked at in the long run, over many many millions of hands, many tournaments, many cash game sessions, etc.

Your very naive and have been sucked in by what "tv" poker tells you.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: USPC on ESPN thread

now that I look at it more closely from teh shcedule it is bounced around with liek 2 weeks for 1 ep.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:43 PM

tonight's episode= end of day 2? -ba
Old 02-26-2007, 10:40 PM

We got to see 2p2er BradL get bustoed when AK > 98
Old 02-26-2007, 11:46 PM

who was that guy that called the 2 players to his left FISH?? ?

Also Day 2 is really cool..I actually enjoy the USpc it is like a poor mans WSOP IMO.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:50 PM

That was Victor Ramdin who called the two on his left "fish", then backed down on his own $100k "bet" that one of them wouldn't make it past day 2.