Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Guess Week 11 Lines Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Teasing GB,Philly, and Pitt looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think any bet that involves betting against the Dolphins and/or on the Steelers on the road isn't a good idea, never mind a teaser.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think any bet that involves betting against the Dolphins and/or on the Steelers on the road isn't a good idea, never mind a teaser

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the woody for the Dolphins kyro? I have them at 2-5-2 ATS for the season so it's not like they've been a moneymaker.

As for Jazzy's teasers, I think he's talking about 10 pointers. I don't play many of those but this week does seem to present some opportunities with Dallas, Pitts, Philly and GB all around 10 pt favs and only Pitt on the road at the Jets.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why the woody for the Dolphins kyro? I have them at 2-5-2 ATS for the season so it's not like they've been a moneymaker.

[/ QUOTE ]

The lines are going to be terribly inflated against the Dolphins because for some reason people think they are the worst team in the league. 5 of their 9 losses have been by exactly 3 points, yet they'll probably be double digit underdogs on the road in the remainder of their games.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The lines are going to be terribly inflated against the Dolphins because for some reason people think they are the worst team in the league. 5 of their 9 losses have been by exactly 3 points, yet they'll probably be double digit underdogs on the road in the remainder of their games.

[/ QUOTE ]

HFA is 3 pts, so a 3-pt loss at home to Buffalo would be 9-pt loss in Buffalo. PHL is widely regarded as better than the Bills, so spread is 10.

I think ignoring HFA is a big mistake in the NFL. You're saying Mia would be Pick'em in Miami??
Old 11-12-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The lines are going to be terribly inflated against the Dolphins

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe but that needs to be looked at on a week to week basis.

[ QUOTE ]
because for some reason people think they are the worst team in the league

[/ QUOTE ]

^Meh^, the bottom 5 or 6 are about equally bad. I don't see that thinking being reflected in the line for any one more than the others.

[ QUOTE ]
5 of their 9 losses have been by exactly 3 points,

[/ QUOTE ]

Three of these they certainly could have won(Wash, Jets, Hou). The other two they were really never in but scored late to make it look better.

[ QUOTE ]
yet they'll probably be double digit underdogs on the road in the remainder of their games.

[/ QUOTE ]

At Pittsburgh and New England sure, and deservedly so. Can't see it at Buffalo though.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Three of these they certainly could have won(Wash, Jets, Hou). The other two they were really never in but scored late to make it look better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buffalo scored 11 unanswered in the 4th to win, so that was definitely a game they could have won.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buffalo scored 11 unanswered in the 4th to win, so that was definitely a game they could have won

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I meant Buf not Jets. Against Jets they were down big and scored twice late to lose by 3.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:54 PM

Oh ok. Still, they're underrated because they're 0fer.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:07 AM

So Cleveland is -2.5 right now on Pinny. I thought maybe there'd be more stubbornness w/ Baltimore at home, but I guess last week is viewed as more of a "bottomed out" game. Can't really say I disagree after getting pwned by a High School defense.

Surprised to see NO open as a slight road favorite w/ Schaub & AJ back. It is now Houston -1 (near meaningless movement obv). Meh, I never bet on or against the Saints anyway.