Old 10-17-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: INSULTING

Seriously what a moron this guy is, I hope I see him in person some day
Old 10-17-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent him a comment last night of, "do you wish to retract your stance on Absolute Poker cheating?" to which this evening he replied to me, quite eloquently: "Nope."
Old 10-19-2007, 10:59 PM

Wanna try again?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:51 AM

insta-tilt after reading his idiotic article [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent him a comment last night of, "do you wish to retract your stance on Absolute Poker cheating?" to which this evening he replied to me, quite eloquently: "Nope."

[/ QUOTE ]

when you sent him that comment had the whole thing about potripper blown open yet?
Old 10-20-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when you sent him that comment had the whole thing about potripper blown open yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent him it on the 16th, after it was blown open. He replied on the 17th, again well after the proof was laid out.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:15 AM

Idiots like that justin guy are the reason most criminals walk free. No matter how much evidence you put infront of them they just stick there head in the sand.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:35 AM

I just send him him this e-mail

"Justin,

At the time your article was written, there was a lot information that lead people to suspect the "superuser" account existed at AP. Given that they have now admitted publically that someone was able to see hole cards, I think it would appropriate for you to do a follow up article and review some of the fantastic detective work done by people over at 2+2 and pocket 5’s to unveil this scandal.

It is a very serious situation, and members of the poker media so to speak should be playing a role in helping shed light on the matter in an unbiased and professional way. Your last article included these statements:

"The chances of an online site admitting this kind of cheating was going on is slim to none. But I think the chances of the site finding out about it and not putting a stop to it are even smaller."

At the time you wrote this, there was evidence of chip dumping in the amount of hundreds of thousands of dollars. It was very flagrant, and there were numerous hand histories where players would cap every single street many hands in a row and folding to the 4 bet cap on the river. Absolute concluded that this was legitimate, and allowed these account to continue to play. This alone should have been a red flag and at least gotten some mention as to why people had some legitimate suspicion in this situation.

Also, your brilliant tidbit

"I say again - you are not being cheated. Stop being cattle and mimicking the mindless cries of bitter players that are just angry to see a player that's worse than them get lucky."

was both incorrect and unfounded. Many of the best players on the internet who had never before made accusations of any kind towards a poker site felt there was very conclusive evidence and you found it fit to mock them, confidently asserting you knowledge about this situation even though you did not review the facts. From an ethical standpoint, you should at least issue a public apology for your tone, comments, and minimal research on this matter before producing the article. As a journalist, you now have an opportunity to be part of the solution instead of being part of the problem. I hope you can be a man, put your ego aside, and initiate a step in the right direction as a member on the poker media."

I don't expect him to do anything about it, but at least i got to call him on some [censored]! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2007, 11:51 AM

his new article:

__________________________________________________ ______

Strange. When I wrote my first blog about the whole Absolute Poker situation, having read through pages upon pages upon pages of hand histories, theories, etc., on numerous forums, I had no idea just how big this whole thing was going to get! I dare say, I was negligent to realize the full potential this whole situation had to engulf the entire consciousness of online poker players.

Far be it from me to say that cheating isn't possible. I think 'TheV0id' having just been stripped of his title is proof positive that cheating can and does happen online. But, then, have we ever really thought ourselves as online players to be immune from the greed and selfishness of a select few that would seek to tarnish what we take pride in?

But, I digress. My point, at least for the moment, is that I hadn't any idea just how hard I would pluck that chord in my readers, for better or worse.

I've received a number of e-mails, especially in recent days following the surfacing of new "evidence," asking if I have changed my mind at all.

Some are just curious to know what my stance on the issue is in the wake of the new evidence. Others are outright calling for a public apology and retraction of my previous statements. I've no doubt if they knew where I lived I'd be typing this with an angry, torch-wielding mob (with pitch forks in hand) just outside my window.

I want to do this whole thing justice, however. As it stands, I couldn't sleep, so I got up to grab a glass of milk and write this out. I plan a more extensive blog later on today after I've had some more rest, a gallon of coffee, and a bite or two to eat. Until then, let these eight simple words tide you over:

It is possible I may have been wrong.

___________________________________-
Old 10-20-2007, 12:58 PM

Gabe I love you