Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What If 2+2 didnt exist?
I'd go fucking nuts from boredom 9 52.94%
Probably go postal mid week 8 47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2007, 01:25 PM

Default New nickname on every login on the pokersoftware

i dont know where to post it i post it here finally.
take a look on the lee's article below.
http://www.biggerdeal.com/2007/06/26...-online-poker/

i have no specific opinion but after i read and the above article i think it is better than having a standard nick.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: New nickname on every login on the pokersoftware

Lee Jones wrote the article, fwiw.

I think the idea itself is good (and the concept behind it), but the schematics are pretty fuzzy. It would be manditory to allow for 'buddy lists' so you could rail your friend. Also, this COULD make it easier to cheat in several ways (I don't know how, just seems like it).

The anonymity of having no fixed screen name would take away from the overall 'coziness' of online poker. Most players enjoy being able to see familiar names, I think.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:21 PM

that about collusion is completely wrong,the sites still will know who is who.
with the anonymity will stop that online recording which takes place and also sites makes that a product for profiting.
also you can ask your friend about his name,but it is not necessary and i think is wrong to put a label on player, which is the current using of the buddy list.

also interesting that the results of the poll are around 50-50
Old 08-02-2007, 08:58 AM

i think it is a lot better to give us the freedom to choose the nick we want or change it than try to blocking all these sites who offers statistics etc.

and i see the YES goes ahead now.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:04 AM

what I was wondering is how would you send money to someone if their name changes everyday? what if I only knew their name from 2 days ago when I played with them - and then I want to send them money 2 days after their name changed?

I mean, it will obviously have to change from being name based, but any unique identifier will give the person away. Unless the random names that are assigned will never be assigned to another person ever again. So if I know 2 days ago, your name was foijdsflkj3432rweijkdf and I send you the money, even though your name isn't that now, Stars would look at it and say ok, he had this name 2 days ago, ship it.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:12 AM

that is not any serious problem goldtoes possible you will use their 'main' nick.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that is not any serious problem goldtoes possible you will use their 'main' nick.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean that some1 will have a "log in" nick name..a name in which they use to log into the poker system and then a table "alias" in which their display name is whatever they choose? (too lazy to read article..)
Old 08-02-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean that some1 will have a "log in" nick name..a name in which they use to log into the poker system and then a table "alias" in which their display name is whatever they choose? (too lazy to read article..)

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, I think that's why he meant - and this isn't mentioned in the article, fwiw.

idk, I don't mind the idea in general, but it will make a lot of dumb problems, like this.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:26 AM

i hate the idea, especially as a cash game player who sees lots of the same faces every day. if i don't know who i'm playing against i can't adjust properly, it will be impossible to get any real reads on people, etc. how will we take notes? how will we search for our friends?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:37 PM

Just read the article, it's a pretty radical proposal, I would like the ability to change names a few times a year at least, but having a random ID every time you sit is a bit much.

Also, Lee says in the article that he no longer works for Pstars, is that true? I thought he just moved from poker room manager to EPT guy, or is he gone from the company completely?