Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 02:01 AM

Default Re: ELKY

[ QUOTE ]
But the best make 300-400k per year and he was one of the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

no they don't.

don't post random [censored] without knowing the actual numbers you [censored] [censored].
Old 04-27-2007, 02:44 AM

boxer is probably the only one who made over 100K.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:53 AM

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...topic_id=26063

This article is from April 13, last year. It's about Boxer having just signing a new contract which gives him the highest annual salary $180,000USD + a possible $80,000 bonus based on performance. Article says the previous highest was NaDa at $200,000USD (technically his was the highest since there was no extra money which depended on performance?). Mentions some other Korean progamers in there with salaries over $100,000USD.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...topic_id=26063

This article is from April 13, last year. It's about Boxer having just signing a new contract which gives him the highest annual salary $180,000USD + a possible $80,000 bonus based on performance. Article says the previous highest was NaDa at $200,000USD (technically his was the highest since there was no extra money which depended on performance?). Mentions some other Korean progamers in there with salaries over $100,000USD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is everyone saying he was so "great" at starcraft? Sure, he was good enough to move to korea and go pro, but from what I remember he really could not compete with the top korean professionals. He never won any of the major starcraft competitions in Korea. I really doubt he made more than 100K-200K lifetime playing starcraft.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ElkY has man boobs

[/ QUOTE ]

every very successful online internet poker player that I met in the bahamas had man boobs to some extent. it was actually a weird discovery, but it's true. it must be from sitting down so much in a sholder leaned position. i partially have them as well, and i'm pretty skinny. however I notived that empire2000, zeejustin, greenplastic, muddywater, and many many other young prodigies have them to some extent.... very strange and credited 100% to hours in front of the computer....... who carezzzzzzz.......
Old 04-27-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ElkY has man boobs

[/ QUOTE ]

every very successful online internet poker player that I met in the bahamas had man boobs to some extent. it was actually a weird discovery, but it's true. it must be from sitting down so much in a sholder leaned position. i partially have them as well, and i'm pretty skinny. however I notived that empire2000, zeejustin, greenplastic, muddywater, and many many other young prodigies have them to some extent.... very strange and credited 100% to hours in front of the computer....... who carezzzzzzz.......

[/ QUOTE ]

sedentary lifestyle + cortisol and stress= man boobs
Old 04-27-2007, 04:30 AM

i believe there are approximately 12 major tournaments with top prize money being ~50,000 USD. when you combine that with sponsorship salaries (yes they are on salary), free food, rent, travel, bla bla bla it adds up to be quite a nice lifestyle for a young programer. at least for the top players like nada.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:49 AM

people tend to overestimate the money real progamers make. just don't beleive the hype.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I remember Elky always having sick stacks on
doesn't seem like the type of guy that has tons of money from other things, so i would imagine he would be broke if he wasn't a loser in something.

[/ QUOTE ]

every 10/20NL table he was playing on stars. However, he could have been still losing, idk I dont datamine. But he would usually play long sessions and build some nice stacks. Haven't really seen him play 10/20 regularly like he used to.

[/ QUOTE ]

He made GOOD money building up and selling characters in a computer game called Starcraft before poker

[/ QUOTE ]

um

this is wrong. i say this without knowing elky.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
um

this is wrong. i say this without knowing elky.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is wrong. I say this and I do know Elky.

EDIT: And by this, I meant the original comment, not the "this is wrong" comment. I'm smart.