Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 11:35 PM

Default ugh women really are all about the money.

I used to think I had the perfect girl. A smart, pretty, independent and one that didn't care too much about money. Well a few months ago I lost a lot of money playing poker, got burned out and lost more money at other things (yes I lied and told her I lost less than I really did so she wouldn't worry). We don't share finances so it's not really even the significant other's right to know about my finances.

Well I really had to cut down on expenses and could no longer lease the car I was driving and ended up buying an old used honda. Couldn't take her out to nice dinners and buy her nice things. And when we went to her parents house, it's hard to put into words but after driving a 7 series and then pulling up in an old honda even her mom treated me differently. Hell I can't even put it in words but my mom and other people who know I play poker treat me differently now.

Well it's been about a month since she said it's not working out and tonight I run into her walking hand in hand with some older 40ish suit (not that that's old but relative to someone in her 20's it is).

I wish it wasn't true but from my vast differences in experiences (from both sides of the income bracket) I'd have to say that $ is how women view you.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:38 PM

Default Re: ugh women really are all about the money.

Damn, and she sounded like such a keeper.

Rub one out.

yep.

pump 'em and dump 'em.

payback's a bitch.

This is unfortunate but only true if you set yourself up for it. By wearing expensive clothing, surrounding yourself with expensive things and making money a big part of your life, you are going to attract women who are into that sort of thing. Despite the fact that this girl sucks, ultimately, you have only yourself to blame.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:39 PM

for the record, 40 is OLD
Old 05-24-2006, 11:40 PM

She "didn't care about money" because you had it. Barring some rare exceptions it's just a sad fact of life.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:42 PM

Yeah this is another important thing. I'm pretty sure I make more than all of my friends, but I rent a cheap-ass room, never carry cash, and never act like a baller. In fact, only my ex knows anything about what I make, and although I know she wants money/things, I want sex so it works out.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:43 PM

Sorry NL. Dont be bitter about it. Thats just the way it is.

Men are judged on their ability to provide and women are judged on their looks.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah this is another important thing. I'm pretty sure I make more than all of my friends, but I rent a cheap-ass room, never carry cash, and never act like a baller. In fact, only my ex knows anything about what I make, and although I know she wants money/things, I want sex so it works out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking at the relationship this way is fine too. I mean, exchanging money for goods or services is a natural and healthy way to go about things. You will never develop a satisfying personal connection with another person when the barrier of sex or money is in the way, but you will get your dick wet. Just don't fool yourself that it's anything else, other than that.

Also, see the family guy episode, with stewie and the cookie girl, for a more detailed explanation.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:44 PM

"Girls love money, like bees to honey." - Gene Simmons.

It is really sad to say, and they will never, EVER, admit it, but the only thing that 99.999999% or women care about is money, and how much you have. And IF some of you romantic sappy wimpy types don't think it is true, just go and try to pick up a girl by telling her you are unemployed, live with your mother, but you are really a nice fun person. She won't give you the time of day.