Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone posted the thread about Seif leaving the cash table on tilt and coming back 5 seconds later and happened to begin to win and the other guy thought it was a godmode acct? Or is that ike?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been wondering about this too; not the thread itself, but details of it (HH, dates & times, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If the cheating happened exactly as we seem to think it did (account 363 opens table and observes and relays hands to someone), it should be really easy to check for other instances, since AP apparently has a log of the observers at all tables.

This should handle all the murkier claims people are bringing up, including seif.

[/ QUOTE ]

If absolute fails to do this, it will almost def be leaked that they neglected to, in which case we'll go in and dig ourselves. I just don't see a way for any major instance of cheating to go unnoticed unless it turns out we misunderstood the method of cheating.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just finished a chat with Rounder's Radio - 20 minute discussion for anyone who's interested.

Key points:
1) I'd be more than happy to go play at Absolute once they fix this up. At least they now know where their holes are.

2) There is no evidence of cheating at any other major site wrong. betfair, party, prima

3) Allegations against Mark Seif do not have a solid footing

4) People should enjoy online poker because it is fun and challenging

5) See #2

6) It is good for Absolute to have admitted they had a problem. Repentance is the first step on the road to forgiveness and absolution.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just gave Drudge report anonymous tip online on the site about the scandal breaking out wide open and how they will admit to it. Let's see if he picks up the story. I posted links to MSNBC and the NYT blog since they are the most reputable and he has a connection with the NYT. He also probably has connections with MSNBC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Two days ago and yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone go to the Drudge Report and write in the anonymous tip section about the AP scandal to show that we want it known. Drudge Report is practically a wire and if he picks it up I can guarantee that the major news services will pick it up. Also most talk radio shows pretty much use Drudge's stories exclusively.

I would take that screenshot down adn rehost it with his gtalk blacked out ASAP.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:31 AM

Oh nm thats the gtalk of the forwarded not the initial receiver.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:32 AM

...heading to costco for another crate of orville redenbacher
Old 10-19-2007, 12:33 AM

First of all, BIG hoorah to all at 2+2 for the analytical thinking and investigative work on the AP scandal.

Thought I'd check pokersitescout.com to see the impact on player counts. As of Oct. 19, 2007 12:15 am (EDT), AP is a close 5th in cash players right behind Stars, Party, FT and UB. Less that 100 behind UB. Less than 600 behind Party. When will the news hit the AP player base?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I'm just some random dude yall could care less about, but... great work, incredible how this has unfolded... but I think the celebration is too early?

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of the time Sunrise 'fired' Walter Rea beacuse of us.

<font color="white"> Lori </font>
Old 10-19-2007, 12:34 AM

Thanks for posting that email, but maybe a mod can fix it or link it so this thread (which is hard enough to sift through) isn't so stretched?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:34 AM

I really don't know when they finally [censored] their pants, but it probably was when they realized the story was never going away if they continued stonewalling.
If nobody at Absolute really thought anything was wrong until the past couple days- it's incompetence.
If they did but lied to us...
Closed Thread