Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2007, 11:24 PM

Default 25/50 6max, Deep, Slow played KK hits a set

My first HSNL post, I've been thinking about this hand a lot the last couple days. Villain is stevodwg on FTP, I have him as 20/15.5/3 over 1000 hands. I haven't seen him get out of line at all. We've only played one medium sized pot together ever and it was:

Someone raises from UTG (6max), he calls in the sb, I squeeze with AJo, original raiser folds, he calls. Flop comes A high, we check down flop and turn, I vbet river (all fairly blank, no paint), he pays me off with QQ (weirdly played). At that point we were only $9k deep and original raiser only had 100bb.

On to the main hand, I decide to slow play KK preflop:

Full Tilt Poker, $25/$50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

tagtastic (BTN): $13,053
SB: $5,025
BB: $4,172
UTG: $9,157
CO: $13,632

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to tagtastic (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $175</font>, tagtastic calls $175, SB calls $150, BB folds

Flop: ($575) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $450</font>, <font color="red">tagtastic raises to $1,700</font>, SB folds, CO calls $1,250

Turn: ($3,975) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, tagtastic ... ?

He literally timed down to his last couple seconds out of his entire (previously unused) time bank. I'd never seen him even request time before this.

Nearly $4k in the pot, we have just over $11k left. My action and plan for the rest of the hand?