Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 10:54 AM

Default NL50: KQo OOP I think a Prudent Fold

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $55.50
BB: $48.25
UTG: $49.80
Hero (UTG+1): $47.00
MP1: $43.10
MP2: $172.70
CO: $99.00
BTN: $28.75

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is a regular it seems at this game since I have a couple thousand hands on him. I don't have any notes, so we must not have went to showdown together yet with anything out of the ordinary. He's like 13/4/3.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, MP1 calls $1.75, MP2 calls $1.75, CO calls $1.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($7.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.00</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $7.00, CO folds

Turn: ($21.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP2 bets $10.00</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $31.75 ($1.05 Rake)
Old 07-17-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: NL50: KQo OOP I think a Prudent Fold

Do you always give up on the turn if you get called with top pair on the flop? I think unless you are playing an absolute nit then this is a bit weak.

Getting 3 to 1 on his turn bet I'd definately call and hope for a check-check on the river. I still think bet-folding the turn would be a better line though.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:08 AM

What kind of board did you want to see with KQo from EP? Have you considered just folding it pre?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of board did you want to see with KQo from EP? Have you considered just folding it pre?

[/ QUOTE ]
I typically fold this preflop from EP. I think it's more trouble than it's worth (possible reraise, dominated, hard to control the pot size, etc.)
Old 07-17-2007, 11:14 AM

It looks like you are putting him specifically on 88/55. You dont think he can do this with QJ/QT or a FD/SD?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:24 AM

Well, I bet large on the flop, and he just called. I thought the weakest I would see here was probably AQ; however, of course, there are fewer combinations of the larger Q. I would think, though, that he would have to put me on a pretty large hand when I psbing the flop into 3 players oop.

Idk...I really wasn't sure how to handle it, which is, of course, why I posted it.

What types of hands do you think a tight player is calling a psb on this flop with?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:31 AM

You have a couple of thousand hands on him which means his postflop AF of 3 is more concrete than you usually have. This makes him Aggro.

An aggro player would probably raise you on the flop with AQ, although since you put a full PSB on maybe he decided to slow it down.

I think he could certainly have some kind of a flush draw.

He is tight preflop, yes, but he was looking at probably playing a multi-way pot so I wouldn't doubt that SC are in his range. Tightness PF doesn't necassarily mean tightness postflop, I think he could certainly call with a FD or SD facing a PSB.

Just my opinions of course.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:41 AM

How do you guys feel about calling the turn and folding to any decent river bet?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:41 AM

At first glance, I thought this was super weak, but given villain, I think you're bet here ~ always. Against a nittacular opponent, I don't think it matters that much whether you c-bet with ace high or one pair. Once they call you, they almost always have a set. There's players that just play like this. 13/4/3 isn't quite as nittacular as the sort of player I'm talking about, though, so I think bet/fold or check/call, check/fold river may be a better line against this villain. You need a strong read on villain to check/fold this turn.

% Cold Calls Preflop and Folds to C-bet are relevant stats here, IMO.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have a couple of thousand hands on him which means his postflop AF of 3 is more concrete than you usually have. This makes him Aggro.

An aggro player would probably raise you on the flop with AQ, although since you put a full PSB on maybe he decided to slow it down.

I think he could certainly have some kind of a flush draw.

He is tight preflop, yes, but he was looking at probably playing a multi-way pot so I wouldn't doubt that SC are in his range. Tightness PF doesn't necassarily mean tightness postflop, I think he could certainly call with a FD or SD facing a PSB.

Just my opinions of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry everyone. I was going from memory on villain. I just checked and his exact stats are:

11.02/2.26/1.21

Someone was talking about AF, and I thought I'd double check and found that.