Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 10:26 AM

Default Planning a Bachelor Party

I am recently engaged. Being the first one of my friends to get engaged, I have never been to a bachelor party so I need some help with the planning. Figuring out fun things to do is not a problem. I have visited Vegas many times, and I know the general concept of bachelor party debauchery. There is no need for y’all to recommend one nightclub over another one or this stripclub, this restaurant, etc…I am more interested in some general planning questions.

1) Am I correct in assuming that my best friend is supposed to take a key role in all of the planning? He has never been to Vegas. How should the planning responsibilities be split up with that point in mind?

2) Is it a good idea to invite as many friends as possible or to just stick with my closest friends? I wonder specifically if I should invite some old college buddies that I have not seen in over four years. They are all cool people. I guess to make this question easier, assume that if I stuck with my closest friends the party count would be around 5, and it would grow to 15 – 20 if I expanded my invitations.

3) How do accommodations typically work at a Vegas bachelor party? Does the entire party usually stay in the same suite? At what point does the party count change this decision? No, we are not going to be able to afford something super-balla like the $5k per night Palms suites.

4) How do the finances typically work? I assume that everyone pays for their own transportation there and back. From that point, what is customary for dividing up room, stripper, dinner and table service expenses? Should I worry about everyone being on the same page with this topic, especially if I am inviting the friends I have not seen in a while? Say for example that after planning everything, it looks like the party will cost $750 per person if divided evenly. Should the event planner make sure that everyone is okay paying this amount before the party?

Ugh…this looks maybe like a tl;dr now. Sorry.

Cliff Notes: Please give me recommendations for planning a bachelor party that does not relate to specific things to do, but rather focuses on the planning responsibilities, guest list, accommodations and finances.

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks guys.

-Andrew
Old 10-02-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Planning a Bachelor Party

[ QUOTE ]

1) Am I correct in assuming that my best friend is supposed to take a key role in all of the planning? He has never been to Vegas. How should the planning responsibilities be split up with that point in mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Best man should plan all of this with your wishes in mind - if he is unfamiliar with the location then he should get help from other people.

[ QUOTE ]
2) Is it a good idea to invite as many friends as possible or to just stick with my closest friends? I wonder specifically if I should invite some old college buddies that I have not seen in over four years. They are all cool people. I guess to make this question easier, assume that if I stuck with my closest friends the party count would be around 5, and it would grow to 15 – 20 if I expanded my invitations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your call. Both can work...just depends on what you want.

[ QUOTE ]
3) How do accommodations typically work at a Vegas bachelor party? Does the entire party usually stay in the same suite? At what point does the party count change this decision? No, we are not going to be able to afford something super-balla like the $5k per night Palms suites.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is up to everyone going. Your best man should work this out with them. Sharing a room should work like any other trip - people who want to spend less share with more people.

[ QUOTE ]
4) How do the finances typically work? I assume that everyone pays for their own transportation there and back. From that point, what is customary for dividing up room, stripper, dinner and table service expenses? Should I worry about everyone being on the same page with this topic, especially if I am inviting the friends I have not seen in a while? Say for example that after planning everything, it looks like the party will cost $750 per person if divided evenly. Should the event planner make sure that everyone is okay paying this amount before the party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's better to be up front with the costs. You don't want to spring a $300 stripper and shot bill on your cash strapped buddy who could barely afford the plane ticket out there. Have your best man put together a rough ballpark budget so everyone knows what they are getting into before they decide to go.

all of this should be basic, easy stuff to figure out. You don't need to tell guys the party tab will be $345 per person, but you should tell them the itinerary and roughly what to expect
Old 10-02-2006, 05:20 PM

WRT splitting the costs, if you have poor friends, be prepared for some of them to say "Well, I'll come for X and Y at the beginning, but I can't really afford Z at the end."
-Sam
Old 10-02-2006, 05:49 PM

wrt the number of people to invite, keep in mind that there are going to be some planned events, things like dinner at a certain restaurant, strip clubs, whatever. The more people going, the tougher that is to coordinate, and you're left with situations like not everybody making it somewhere on time, but they're "just 5 minutes away," so you wait on them for the next half hour, and then when you're leaving there won't be a cab for Bill and Bob, and its just a huge mess.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:36 PM

Yeah, I used the Search thing. This was the best I could do, but it's not answering all my questions, so I figured I'd just bump the original thread so future searchers would be able to find all the wonderful insights OOT will soon bestow upon this thread.

I too am planning a Bachelor Party for my best friend. I'm looking for suggestions/recommendations/etc.

Here's the basics:
1) Philly + Atlantic City
2) 5-8 people for Friday night, 12-16 people for Saturday night/Sunday
3) Lots of gamblers, sports fans, moderate drinkers, culinary afficionados, and guys who enjoy the adult entertainment

Location is not negotiable, but pretty much everything else could still change.

<u>Here's the current plan:</u>
Friday night Phillies game, drive to AC, stay at Super 8 motel or something like that.
Saturday gambling/drinking/etc, stay at Borgata, eat at nice restaurant (preferably one at the Borgata or around there), drinking, see naked girls.
Sunday have a good brunch somewhere before people leave.

<u>Here are things I could use recommendations on:</u>
1) Is Borgata worth it? Groom has never been there and he's been to many other places in AC, so I think it would be a cool experience for him. However, it does mean we'd be further away from the rest of AC on Saturday night. (I recognize that may be a good thing) How do the Showboat suites or rooms at Caesar's compare?

2) Strip clubs? From reading other threads, I'm seeing that Bare Exposures seems to be the top suggestions for in town, and Allure's/Delilah's are top suggestions for slightly out of town. Any other suggestions/tips?

3) Dinner on Saturday night? Recommend me a restaurant, preferably in or around the Borgata area. Right now we're leaning towards Bobby Flay's Steakhouse in the Borgata.

4) Brunch on Sunday? Who has the best Sunday brunch in AC?

5) Alcohol for predrinking? I have no conception of how much alcohol I should buy ahead of time for predrinking in the rooms to help save people a bit of cost on buying drinks when we're out and about. This is especially important if we end up going to Bare Exposures, since it's BYOB. Anyone have some guidance? Again it's like 12-16 people, moderate drinkers.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:21 PM

On your way into AC stop by the White House for a sub. For anyone from out of the area it will be a nice cheap AC thing to do. Nothing better to soak up a bit of last nights beer and stomach acid than a famous sammich.

If you want some gambling apparel...check out fifthstreetpokershirts.com ....10 % off with 224forum as coupon code.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:49 PM

Go to allure, it's a $12 cab ride. Bobby Flay's is very good. Stay at the borgata.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:12 PM

If you want what happens in Vegas to STAY in Vegas, then you should consider bringing a smaller group of close friends. Also try to discourage cameras. This probably includes discouraging cell phones, which is also a good idea - especially for guys with wives and girlfriends.

Coincidentally, I am in charge of planning a bachelor party this summer - prolly in Vegas.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1) Is Borgata worth it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definitely a cut above the rest of AC. Not saying it's worth any and all price difference for rooms, but you should give it significant weight. If you do go to Borgata, consider treating the groom to a shave in a barber chair at Shaving Grace.

[ QUOTE ]

2) Strip clubs?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea in AC, but the last time I was in Philly at Delilah's I was not thrilled. That was for another bachelor party, and all twelve guys agreed the best money spent inside Delilah's was on the shot girls. They were on average better looking than the dancers, who offered minimal mileage. That might work for you, though.

Cheerleaders offers more mileage, but dancers' looks are more hit and miss.

[ QUOTE ]

3) Dinner on Saturday night?

[/ QUOTE ]

You said a lot of these guys are into good food, so I am going to suggest Ombra at Borgata. Menu is great, and they offer a private room surrounded by cellared wines that looks cool.

[ QUOTE ]

5) Alcohol for predrinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

This all depends on how long you will be drinking, and what kind of drinkers you have. See this drink calculator from Evite for a good start. If you want further suggestions on what kinds of bottles to get if you go the hard liquor and mixer route, let us know how many guys and what their tastes are (do they all drink good Scotch, or are is it a Long Island Iced Tea crowd, or shots?).
Old 04-24-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

2) Strip clubs?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea in AC, but the last time I was in Philly at Delilah's I was not thrilled. That was for another bachelor party, and all twelve guys agreed the best money spent inside Delilah's was on the shot girls. They were on average better looking than the dancers, who offered minimal mileage. That might work for you, though.

Cheerleaders offers more mileage, but dancers' looks are more hit and miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Delilah's is awesome and usually always has hot girls...it is much better than Show and Tell, who basically has hookers

www.delilahs.com