Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2007, 01:16 PM

Default NBA Mock Draft ver. 2

With the regular season over, I figured it was time for another one of these. Teams that are tied in the standings are marked as such, but for the purposes of the mock draft I broke the ties with an RNG. So just my opinions, feel free to rip them apart.

1. Memphis – Greg Oden C Ohio State

I still think Oden is the top guy on the draft board for almost any team in the lottery, especially after showing up big in the Championship game against supposed other top big men.

2. Boston – Kevin Durant SF/PF Texas

At #2 Boston gets to sit back and take whichever of Oden or Durant falls to them. Needs to add a little strength but I’m not telling you anything new when I tell you Durant has ridiculous potential.

3. Milwaukee – Jeff Green SF/PF Georgetown

Probably the toughest pick out of any team. The Bucks could go potential and take Brandan Wright, go for the experience of a guy like Al Horford, or go for the versatility, athleticism and upside that they need with a guy like Julian Wright or Jeff Green. Put to a decision I’m taking Green. Can play either SF or PF, athletic, ability to play inside and outside. Everything about him is what the Bucks really need on their team.

4. Phoenix(from Atlanta) – Al Horford PF Florida

The Suns get lucky getting a top pick from Atlanta, and they’re likely to use it to add a player that can help them win a championship next year. Horford adds depth to an already solid frontcourt where he can develop properly and should be able to solidly contribute for 15-20 mpg.

5. Seattle – Brandan Wright PF UNC

Wright is simply to good to pass up here. May not be an instant contributor but loads of potential. Should be able to get decent playing time in the frontcourt alongside Collison and Wilcox though.

6t. Portland – Julian Wright SF Kansas

Inside/Outside player with tons of athleticism and lots of upside. Aldridge is coming along nicely and should be able to start alongside Randolph in the frontcourt, while Wright should be a nice upgrade over starting either Outlaw or Oduka at SF.

6t. Minnesota – Yi Jianlian C/PF China

The 7 footer is versatile and while he may be a bit of a project, should progress nicely as a frontcourt mate for Garnett, that is if Garnett is somehow still a Timberwolve next year. If not, then Minnesota should have a couple of cellar dwelling years to develop Jianlian anyways.

8t. Sacramento – Roy Hibbert C Georgetown

Hibbert raised his draft stock a lot with his play in the tourney, especially by looking decent against Oden. Sacramento needs a big man, seems like a good fit.

8t. Chicago(from New York) – Corey Brewer SG/SF Florida

This team is becoming more loaded with young talent every year, extra picks from the Knicks sure doesn’t hurt. Brewer as a lock down defender with the ability to score will be a great addition for the Bulls.

8t. Charlotte – Nicolas Batum SG/SF France

I haven’t ever seen Batum play, but everything I’ve read on him sounds like he has tremendous upside. Will need to add some strength, but has been said to have the upside of a Joe Johnson or Tracy McGrady type player. Still only 18.

11t. Atlanta (from Indiana) – Mike Conley Jr. PG Ohio State

Do the Hawks finally make the right move and draft a PG in the 1st round? For the sake of all the Atlanta fans, especially mmbt0ne, I sure hope they do.

11t. Philadelphia – Joakim Noah PF Florida

Has anyone’s draft stock slipped more than Noah’s this year? Apparently people are starting to wise up to the fact that he doesn’t look like that good of a pro player. That said, he should be able to at least contribute, and Philly could use some frontcourt help.

13. New Orleans – Spencer Hawes PF/C Washington

The Hornets simply could just use to have another big body, but Hawes should still have some time to develop before being thrown in as a full time starter. Hawes is the best available big man here though and showed a lot of upside in his 1 year at Washington.

14. LA Clippers – Acie Law PG Texas A&M

Sam Cassell is getting old and ineffective, who knows if Livingston will ever play again, and I don’t think theres an NBA team out there that would be excited at the prospect of starting Jason Hart or Cuttino Mobley at PG, so the Clippers have a huge hole they need to address. Lucky for them Law is still around and should prove to be a decent PG that could develop into a very good one.