Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2007, 08:41 PM

Default coffee

Living in Los Angeles, I guess you could say it is too hot for coffee. In my elusive search for a good cup of joe, I pretty much come up empty-handed.

It might be a problem that I am not much of a coffee drinker in the first place. When I go to a coffee shop, I always have tea, so I am probably biased in my search.

Recently, I have been trying out different kinds of coffee. Although there is nothing wrong with a good cup of straight up (ban for racism), I find it more fun to try other stuff.

To compare coffees, I am a little scientific. About 7 years ago, I received free coupons to some famous coffee shop, and stood at the counter completely confused. I asked if I could have the money since the only coffee I ever had was that crap in a can. The girl behind the counter told me that she gives change for the certificate, but I have to buy something. The cheapest thing turned out to be what is not found on many menus: Americana.

For those not in the know, an Americana is 4 shots of espresso and some water. If you are ever sleepy, drink this stuff, you won't worry about falling over at the work desk.

For the next few years, I never drank anything else but this, but since this is getting stupid long, I will describe other great things I came across:

Coffee with Ice Cream: Take your favorite ice cream, put it in a pot, pour brewed coffee on it and heat it up while stirring.

Coffee with a heavy whipping cream instead of milk or whatever. Totally unhealthy, but it is so good, especially with sugar.

My latest research has been on Mocha. I tried it from two places so far, and to be honest, it isn't that good. But how? It's chocolate, whipped cream and other stuff. It should be good, I would think, especially since everyone charges 5 dollars for this stuff.

So, what does the Lounge drink? What creative mixtures have they came up with. Do you buy from a can or from a whole food store with fresh beans?

And obv. etc.