Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: NL100 -

3 bet the flop. there are too many scary turn cards that kill your hand. the river bet is pretty thin, i would probably just check behind because i don't see much value betting cause you are getting called when you are beat most of the time.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:01 PM

the only advice i really like is 3 betting the flop and checking behind on the turn. your hand reeks of a flush draw so a lot of two pair/sets will check call the river.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:08 PM

3-bet flop + c/b turn...?!
So you raise to protect from draws and then give a freecard? I dont rly see a point in that because I should expect to get called a lot if he has a draw here.

If I am wrong pls tell me. Did you mean the hand reeks of FD if I 3-bet flop or as played? =)
Old 09-26-2007, 05:09 PM

given read and possible KT, i don't think 3 betting flop is the best.... if you get a better read, yeah, but right now, you have no reason to think he's light, and a cr is pretty strong

calling turn is thin, there's quite a few more 2 pair possibilities that now hit, and combo FD+SDs hit, etc..... but i think calling is fine

on the river, i really don't think you're ever going to be ahead if he calls... i guess sometimes he'll have KQ, but cring the flop w/ that is strange.... though the turn follow through w/ the picked up oesd matches...

so overall, i like how you played this, but i think you should check river behind...... your bet is super thin, and he will most often fold to it, so you won't know what he had.... whereas if you check behind you'll get to see what he did this line w/
Old 09-26-2007, 05:12 PM

Call flop. Call or fold turn. Check river.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call flop. Call or fold turn. Check river.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for your help dude. That rly enlights me!
Old 09-26-2007, 05:15 PM

i think alot of the advice here is too passive considering how many draws are on the flop...charge him on the flop...if a non scare card comes charge him again...if it looks like draw hits turn then check behind and call a reasonable river bet

there is no reason why we need to put him on a set or KT automatically because he check raised...TONS of people crai their draws
Old 09-26-2007, 05:15 PM

also, that river bet is asking to be raised... i'd make it $60 which is way too big to get value... so another reason to check behind
Old 09-26-2007, 05:24 PM

I bet so much that I can expect to be called by a worse hand.

I dont think that he would c/r this river because the bet is so tiny. I'm in position so why should I bet if I dont bet for value? Either I bet for value and call or I fold. So I think he would only call here.

btw, do you think he would call with 2pair here?
Old 09-26-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet so much that I can expect to be called by a worse hand.

I dont think that he would c/r this river because the bet is so tiny. I'm in position so why should I bet if I dont bet for value? Either I bet for value and call or I fold. So I think he would only call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's very obvious you have a hand that you think has value in it, but not much.... so he can safely say you do not have a flush, and from turn play on the 2 tone board you don't have a str8.... so you have a 1 pair or 2 pair hand which you will fold to a raise.... so he can cr you off your hand if he know he can't win at show down....... he may also decide to cr you w/ hands that beat you (this won't be because of your bet size obv.) but basically you have to fold the river to a cr and you have no idea whether you just got bluffed or vbet due to your bet size which obviously cannot take heat