Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 07:11 PM

Default River spot 15/30

Good aggressive villain. Played around 40/30 heads up. Put a lot of pressure and seemed pretty solid, capable of moves for sure. We had both been checkraising the flop pretty frequently and he showed down at least one big bluff where he checkraised the flop and followed through on the turn, but gave up on the river.

He had checkraised the river once before and I folded after making a pretty lame stab.

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $15/$30
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
HERO: $3194.00
BB: $2760.00

Pre-flop: (2 players) HERO is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $90</font>, BB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($195, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $165</font>, BB calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($525, 2 players)
BB checks, HERO checks.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($525, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $445</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises all-in $2520</font>, HERO folds.
Uncalled bets: $2075 returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: $1415

So...

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $15/$30
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
HERO: $2955.00
BB: $6498.00

Pre-flop: (2 players) HERO is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $90</font>, BB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($195, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $105</font>, HERO calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($405, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $335</font>, BB calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1075, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $725</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $3265</font>
Old 11-26-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: River spot 15/30

easy fold.

he has you beat fersure.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:17 PM

How long ago was the other river c/r hand?

How sure are you that he's a good player? And how good? Maybe good enough to not play against?

Against a very good but not great opponent, like I think you're describing, I call. It's close though.

On one hand, I don't believe he c/c turn with a FD or boat almost ever.

On the other hand, either you can have a flush here fairly easily in his eyes OR he knows that you float a lot, and he can call with his 66 rather than having to turn it into a bluff (Your line looks airy IMO)

I actually think you lose to 44 more often than a flush or other boat.

Cool hand.

Edit: If the other c/r hand was recent, that makes this more of a fold vs. 99% of opponents.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:27 PM

Pretty nasty spot I think I fold just because he has to except you to have a flush a fairly often and I can't imagine he's getting you to fold a flush.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How long ago was the other river c/r hand?

How sure are you that he's a good player? And how good? Maybe good enough to not play against?

Against a very good but not great opponent, like I think you're describing, I call. It's close though.

On one hand, I don't believe he c/c turn with a FD or boat almost ever.

On the other hand, either you can have a flush here fairly easily in his eyes OR he knows that you float a lot, and he can call with his 66 rather than having to turn it into a bluff (Your line looks airy IMO)

I actually think you lose to 44 more often than a flush or other boat.

Cool hand.

Edit: If the other c/r hand was recent, that makes this more of a fold vs. 99% of opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

The other c/r hand was pretty early in the game. Before this second river crai situation, we had been playing very aggressively not showing down a lot of hands and he had recently won a few medium sized pots, fighting back my early lead.

I'm not saying he's an amazing player by any means. With some players you just feel a table presence and that's what I felt. I really like playing heads up and I definitely think it's my best game. But I don't think I had a big edge against him. At this point, he had probably gotten the best of me.

I'm really having a hard time putting him on a FD or boat too. Obviously it's possible he could be leading with TT, but it's not really the standard play. Also, I think he would reraise JJ/TT preflop. Flush draw? Seems unlikely unless it's some Jxs type of hand. Don't think he would play a combo draw like this very often when we just have 100bb and I'm likely to be floating.

Well, I'm pretty certain he thinks I'm capable of floating. I've checkraised the flop a decent amount, showing down air at least twice. Still having a hard time putting him on a hand that I beat which he doesn't just call with, as opposed to checkraise.

Interesting points so far.