Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 07:57 AM

Default Hijacked from another post: AK overcards bd draws in BB

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, MP1 raises, 5 folds, Hero 3-bets, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls

What cards would you lead out with on the turn?

Check/fold?
Check/Call?
Check/Raise?

If it weren't full ring but 6 max would you change your play on the turn at all?
Old 11-23-2007, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Hijacked from another post: AK overcards bd draws in BB

I lead if any A or K falls.

I check/call if any club and maybe if any T or Q falls (depends on if only one or both of them will be joining me and any reads I might have on them).

I check/fold if anything else falls.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I lead if any A or K falls.

I check/call if any club, T, or Q falls.

I check/fold if anything else falls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd do the exact same.

And if it weren't full ring but 6 max, I wouldn't be at the table, so I don't know if I'd change my play. I probably wouldn't, and that's probably why I'm bad at 6 max... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I check/call if any club and maybe if any T or Q falls (depends on if only one or both of them will be joining me and any reads I might have on them).

[/ QUOTE ]
Any Q or T gives us 4 clean straight outs, but they also compromise our K and A outs (MP1 quite possibly has AT, AQ or KQ), but I’d still estimate our outs at about 7, so I’m peeling no matter what…
The pot isn’t all that small for us not to have sufficient odds…

If unimproved at river it’s c/f all the way…
Old 11-23-2007, 02:01 PM

What if one of them folds on the turn?
Old 11-23-2007, 02:06 PM

the problem here is that you are OOP and you donkt know should you call bet at river with AK UI
Old 11-23-2007, 06:26 PM

I think I would lead with any A,K,Q,J,10 and any club and fold a reraise with a J

I would check/call most other hands but would probably check/fold a pair on board.

I obviously don't check/raise anything.

I think if it were 6 max I would probably lead everything but a pair on board which I would fold if raised.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:27 PM

I lead no matter what comes. My decision comes if I am raised or on the river unimproved.

You have the lead with only the J scaring you so why give it up so quickly? Any club, Q, or T gives you more outs. A or K probable gives you the best hand and anything else probably doesn't help an UTG caller and MP1 raiser that missed the flop.

You also have fold equity. They don't know you don't have a big pocket pair. They just called the flop so they could be afraid of the flush too.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:31 AM

Lead any turn card.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I lead no matter what comes. My decision comes if I am raised or on the river unimproved.

You have the lead with only the J scaring you so why give it up so quickly? Any club, Q, or T gives you more outs. A or K probable gives you the best hand and anything else probably doesn't help an UTG caller and MP1 raiser that missed the flop.

You also have fold equity. They don't know you don't have a big pocket pair. They just called the flop so they could be afraid of the flush too.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know this all makes sense, and that your folding equity rises, but at microstakes, how many times do you get to fold someone just by firing the second barrel?
Most of the times I get raised on the turn an don't know if I should be calling down or not.
Unimproved overcards have become my biggest spew-cards and I'm starting to really hate them.

I REALLY find them difficult to play, and have not yet fully come to terms with how aggressive you should be with them.

A the micros, folding equity stands for practically nothing, and ace high is really not that much of a holding... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]