Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 11-26-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Visa IPO

New to the 2+2 financial forums here but I'll definitely be lurking around more often.

At any rate, I've had some pretty good discussions in other forums about the Visa IPO Q1 '08. I'd like to hear what you guys think about the Visa IPO. I would like to open up some discussion on your biases of Visa going public. Are you buying? Do you think it will be profitable? Other general thoughts/comments? I have my own thoughts of course but rather than risk skewing the opinions, I'd like other people to respond 1st off. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Visa IPO

I think a lot of people will be comparing this to the MA IPO which came out at about 50 IIRC and has since tripled+. The MA IPO did not have that much hype too it, and a lot of worried talk about a large lawsuit. It seems like the negative aspects were overblown which allowed the large price appreciation.

I am expecting the Visa IPO to be hyped much more and a lot less room for profit after the offering.