Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 11-24-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: NL100: Trips on river, call push?

Antonio and I would fold this preflop. But, as you can see below, that is not a universally held opinion on FR preflop play with AQo.

Laak and Esfandiari fold AQ UTG

The rest of the hand plays itself right into the "I lost my stack to AK or a full house with AQo out of position..."

But since he MIGHT have AJ or ATs, I suppose you need to call the river. If he's not the type to flat call AJ or ATs in a raised pot, then you are probably toast as soon as he calls your cb on this flop. But without a really solid read, I don't think you can find a fold here.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: NL100: Trips on river, call push?

[ QUOTE ]
I think 55 or 77 is likely based on his stats and the way he played this hand. Looks like he knows you have the Ace and he is not concerned. He could have AK but seems less likely given no reraise preflop.

Saying that I would probably call but I'm a donk and tend to pay too much for proof of my reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that 55 or 77 can certainly be in play here but there is no way that the villian could put the OP on trip aces without a read. Checking the turn and river hugely underrepresented the OP's hand and is the reason he has to call this bet. We really don't beat much though, just a tough hand but I have to look him up if I played it like you did.