Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 09:17 AM

Default Re: $100nl: I squeeze with KK, flop brings an ace

21/10 means he's only raising 10% of his hand, which is not going to exclusively be the upper part of his range. Basically he will call 3-bet's with AK and AQ. However, in general I think a pf line of raise/call is far more indicative of a pocket pair (and Ace-Jack).

If we include his pfr 88-99 then we have 51 combos, with stil only 21 beating us (or 41%)... so this should be fine itlr ?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:52 PM

Not all hands in this range will react the same way to different actions. I don't think it's wise to rely too heavily on combinatorics here. Is villain really ready to commit with 88-TT when we three-bet PF and an A flops?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:31 PM

I think check folding this flop is far too weak tight, any half decent player will put us on a hand like we have (high pp) and try push us off it. Imo AQ wouldnt bet so large on the flop as he percieves he's only getting called by same or better (AK or AQ.)

Most players at NL100 will give credit to a squeeze and are only calling with PP AQs AK+ or the occasional SC's so hopefully villain didnt get here with AJ.

so i like c/r AI.

FWIW if i was villain and got to this spot with 77-JJ i would bluff the Ace.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:50 PM

I don't think villains betting this flop with QQ,JJ etc, he pot commits himself with this bet, and after your PF aggression, he surely is expecting a C.R., he has to be scared of that Ace, unless he's holding one himself. I like B/F better. Yeah if you bet and he folds, worse hands are out of the pot and no more money, but if you check raise all in, you have no idea where you stand and are just hoping he doesn't have an ace. I hate these spots..