Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Re: New Article on Michelle Wie

Michelle Wie is a joke. I know all the people who like her say she has finished in the top 5 in majors and all that bs, but if you look at what she has done lately, it is pathetic. I strongly believe that she was a better player when we were first made aware of her when she was in her early teens. Since she has turned pro her game has gone downhill. I have read articles before where she has basically said that she is only interested in making the most money, even if she isnt the best. So obviously she wont do well if this is her attitude. Before she turned pro, she wasnt a dominant player in junior golf like Paula Creamer and Morgan Pressel, who dominated junior golf and actually won more than a couple tournaments before deciding to turn pro.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Michelle Wie is a joke. I know all the people who like her say she has finished in the top 5 in majors and all that bs, but if you look at what she has done lately, it is pathetic. I strongly believe that she was a better player when we were first made aware of her when she was in her early teens. Since she has turned pro her game has gone downhill. I have read articles before where she has basically said that she is only interested in making the most money, even if she isnt the best. So obviously she wont do well if this is her attitude. Before she turned pro, she wasnt a dominant player in junior golf like Paula Creamer and Morgan Pressel, who dominated junior golf and actually won more than a couple tournaments before deciding to turn pro.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yes, junior golf taught Morgan to cry on the course whenever faced with adversity, letdown or disappointment.

gg Morgan & junior golf!!
Old 08-21-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

she didn't create the rankings, ask for the endorsements or request the sponsor exemptions.

learn who to hate.

[/ QUOTE ]
True on points 1 and 2, however on point 3 there is the fact that she did not have to take the exemptions offered her. This is where the vast majority of the hate comes from. She doesn't belong on the PGA Tour, she doesn't have the talent for the PGA Tour. And yes, I hate the sponsors as well for turning tournaments into a freak sideshow for the sole purpose of selling more tickets, not promoting great golf.

And I am allowed to hate since she is taking spots away from friends who are more deserving players. Only problem is they don't have breasts and cute dangly earrings.

BO
Old 08-21-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

she didn't create the rankings, ask for the endorsements or request the sponsor exemptions.

learn who to hate.

[/ QUOTE ]
True on points 1 and 2, however on point 3 there is the fact that she did not have to take the exemptions offered her. This is where the vast majority of the hate comes from. She doesn't belong on the PGA Tour, she doesn't have the talent for the PGA Tour. And yes, I hate the sponsors as well for turning tournaments into a freak sideshow for the sole purpose of selling more tickets, not promoting great golf.

And I am allowed to hate since she is taking spots away from friends who are more deserving players. Only problem is they don't have breasts and cute dangly earrings.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

so if you where offered an exemption tomorrow to play in Barclays, you would turn it down right? Because your 'friends' are more deserving right?

get real.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:47 AM

-last Thursday - 203 yd bunkered Par 3 into gusty wind
The other women are hitting hybrids and 7woods and it's a crap shoot 'cause of the wind. I'm standing 5 yards behind the tee shots.
Wie pulls out an iron(4?), takes a divot(!), and hits a low stinger RIGHT at the hole - 10feet away - awesome.
A few holes later 325 drive down the middle.
Some bad tee shots and poor putting, though.

-She's only 17 gang.

-She just missed PGA cuts when she was 15 and 16.

-She probably broke her wrist earlier this year.

-There's no doubt she's had some bad direction in the past.
She should have won a dozen junior tournies to give her the feel.

-Maybe Stanford is what she needs.
Putting(so important), motivation, consistancy, good coaching, some confidence and watch out.
She COULD do it.

-There were 2 big crowds on Thursday afternoon.
Wie and the amazing Ochoa.

-If Wei was doing well and contending on the weekend I'd have followed her both days.

-She's 17 years old...

Rainbow
Old 08-21-2007, 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

so if you where offered an exemption tomorrow to play in Barclays, you would turn it down right? Because your 'friends' are more deserving right?

get real.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would most certainly turn down an invite to the Kraft Nabisco as I do not belong and have the common sense to realize that. Wie and her camp do not. Hate.

BO
Old 08-21-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

get real.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would most certainly turn down an invite to the Kraft Nabisco as I do not belong and have the common sense to realize that. Wie and her camp do not. Hate.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong question, but that's ok, i know you are afraid to honestly answer the actual question.

people like you are not real bright when faced like situations like this.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

wrong question, but that's ok, i know you are afraid to honestly answer the actual question.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I answered the right question. You asked the wrong question. Do you hear any hate at all when she was given exemptions to the LPGA events? No. None. Because she could compete and almost won. The hate stems from her playing in PGA events where she has no chance, place or purpose other than being a freak sideshow.

Would even you not agree that she has no business playing in PGA Tour events? Because that's what this whole thing is all about. However if you think she should be playing in PGA events, then you also think it's OK for me to be playing in events such as the Kraft Nabisco.

BO
Old 08-21-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I answered the right question. You asked the wrong question. Do you hear any hate at all when she was given exemptions to the LPGA events? No. None. Because she could compete and almost won. The hate stems from her playing in PGA events where she has no chance, place or purpose other than being a freak sideshow.

Would even you not agree that she has no business playing in PGA Tour events? Because that's what this whole thing is all about. However if you think she should be playing in PGA events, then you also think it's OK for me to be playing in events such as the Kraft Nabisco.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Reged: 05/30/07

[/ QUOTE ]

you have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:58 PM

BO,

Bi-Tor is a professional troll. You are merely angry. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Ignore him for your own sake, he feeds on noob posters like you who don't know any better.