Attention grabbing clothing 6 4.03%
Attention grabbing jewerly 9 6.04%
Your person is themed (Emo,Gangsta,Punk,Goth) 5 3.36%
None of the above 87 58.39%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

This is true. I also just went out and bought Guiter 3, AoE III Asian Dynasties and the 3rd season of house. Don't expect to be playing much poker in the near future
Old 11-12-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol i hate debating religion. there isn't ever a right or wrong answer and you're never going to change the other person's mind. right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah. The point of conversation does not need to be to sway the other person to your point of view. It can be to simply expand your mind.

Most people who avoid arguing religion & politics say thier reasoning for avoiding that argument is just what you said -- because it's all just opinion anyway, and everybody's opinion is set in stone. I don't think that's the real reason however. I think the real reason in many people's instances is because they know that they don't know the truth and that scares them away from the conversation. Not just because they don't know the truth, but also because the truth is unknowable.

Everyone believes whatever they believe based on faith, and this conversation weakens the foundation of their faith. This is true also for atheists, who cannot themselves prove that God doesn't exist. They base their entire belief system on the faith that either (or both) of these are true:

1) It's impossible to prove that God exists, and therefore it is logical to assume that God does not exist.

2) They believe what they believe -- that God doesn't exist -- for whatever reason. But since this is also impossible to prove, they can only have faith that this is in fact true.

Anyway, I do enjoy debating these things because I enjoy understanding other people's views and challenging them. Not because I want to make them squirm, but because the conversation expands my understanding.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, I'd bet on goofy all day, have you not seen his pictures. He was built to play video games <3

[/ QUOTE ]

dude when we played tiger woods and pro evo, he wasnt super amazing at either, and he owned the console. i cant see how halo would be diff. the way shpanko is talking, it sounds like his confidence is correctly backed up so its +EV to bet on him

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you're about to get hit with a major DUCY
Old 11-12-2007, 03:00 PM

can u challenge my view pls. if tehres basic flaws anywhere i would like them corrected. (im serious)
Old 11-12-2007, 03:06 PM

I'd rather wait until after I cost you $150 to explain. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can u challenge my view pls. if tehres basic flaws anywhere i would like them corrected. (im serious)

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a difference between stating that you agree with something (eg that God exists) and actually believing that thing.

If God exists, and if God's requirements to 'get in to heaven' are simply that you believe he exists, then he will know that you don't even tho you say you do. So are you really hedging your bets?
Old 11-12-2007, 03:28 PM

During one of her daily classes, a teacher trying to teach good manners, asked her students the following question:

"Michael, if you were on a date having dinner with a nice young lady, how would you tell her that you have to go to the bathroom?"

Michael said, "Just a minute I have to go pee."

The teacher responded by saying, "That would be rude and impolite. What about you, Sherman, how would you say it?"

Sherman said, "I am sorry, but I really need to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back."

"That's better, but it's still not very nice to say the word bathroom at the dinner table."

"And you, little Johnny, can you use your brain for once and show us your good manners?"

"I would say, 'Darling, may I please be excused for a moment? I have to shake hands with a very dear friend of mine, whom I hope to introduce you to after dinner.'"

The teacher fainted.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:31 PM

lol nice
Old 11-12-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Jay did you stay up to watch the Indy - SD game live?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't go to sleep until like 6am-7am anyway (late Sunday games finish at like 4am here).
Old 11-12-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a difference between stating that you agree with something (eg that God exists) and actually believing that thing.

If God exists, and if God's requirements to 'get in to heaven' are simply that you believe he exists, then he will know that you don't even tho you say you do. So are you really hedging your bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

so this is a direct questioning of my direct views, as opposed to views on teh whole. what i said before was to explain to people why i think believing in religion is correct.

once u get past this stage, what u do is up to you. every church my mother has brought me to has said bascially 'accept jesus into ure heart, and youre good to go'. i hoenstly havent put enough work into figuring how much more than this there is, but i have also considered that its something that can either be instantaneous for some, but also take a lifetime for others.

edit: my basic conclusion is that they mean that u have to love jesus. so its teh same with love. u can love at first sight or you can grow to love someone and still have the end result that you'd love them equally as much.
Closed Thread