Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Multitabling full ring question

There was a post about a guy here who said he used to 12 table in pokerroom 1-2 nl full ring and buying in the minimum... i think it was 10BBs and he said he made a good amoutn of money per hour with bonuses. I play 4 tables and play full stack. I used to middle stack and short stack full ring but i stopped b/c i had LESSER options for me to do. SS was either raise or fold and no post flop play which i disliked.

However, i want to be able to 12 table to accumulate more FPP per hour on stars. I have rakeback on tilt but still play there. However, whenever i play 8 tables with a full buy in, my head gets messed up b/c i have too many tables popping up. I know your best thing to do is play 4 tables but i just want to accumluate more FPP per hour like those 12 tabling players but those players are almost always NITS. From my previous posts, i bashed a lot about nits and i don't want to be one.

I rememeber i used to buy in for 50BB in ultimatebet and play 8 tables and that seemed a lot easier b/c my decisions were pretty easy to make. Most of the money went in on the turn usually but i stopped doing that b/c i play full ring now. However, i play terribly when 8 tabling full ring games but i like to play 8-12 tables.

I see A LOT of short stack players on stars 50NL who just hit and run and open new tables. They even hide themselves from search and probably they dont want others to notice.

What would you guys say is the best for me to play 12 tables? If i buy in full in every table, i have to play close to a nit and i really despise it. I hate shortstacking because i win so little even when i am ahead most of the time. Middle Stacking 12 tables seems to be easier for me full ring though some people say buying in for 50BB is the worst thing you can do.

I really want to play 12 tables. What do you suggests suggest? Note, i will not play limit holdem because that is the most frustrating game ever.

thanks.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Multitabling full ring question

buy in for 60 until you identify an idiot with more chips sitting to your right by one or two seats...buyin to cover the idiot there, but keep your decisions simpler elsewhere

playing for the FPPs isn't worth it. The winrate is worth much more.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:57 PM

Yes i understand. The reason why i am playing for the FPP's is because i accumulated a good amount already and want to finish it. I also find it weird how stars have a default buy in of 60BBs or full buyin.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:01 PM

I kind of want to buyin less because 12 tabling makes it very hard for me to think. Would you say 60BB makes my decisions a lot easier? I can't believe i am doing this but i just want to finish accumulating the FPP and then switch back to full buyin.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:07 PM

Are you trying to hit supernova or just accumulating enough points to get some "stuff"?
Old 07-20-2007, 09:09 PM

Can i even raise hands like 78s in middle position anymore with a 60BB stack? what about calling 4x raises with a pocket pair? I know you need at 11.77xx tiemes their raise to be profitable and i do meet the requirment just a bit.

Say a player raises EP 4x, can i even reallly call this bet? I know the answer is yes because i need at least 24 dollars before the hand starts for it to be at least positive but i probably miss out if i had more which is why buying in for 60BB makes it harder for me.

Can you give me your opinion on calling raises? I know with 20BB, 77 is an auto fold if you playing short stack strategy.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:10 PM

I am trying to get enough to get a camera that is 20000 FPPs. I have about 6300 in total already but that was for playing over 2 years which meant i didn't play much. I used to play on stars only for bonus clearing and that was it. Once i get to 20,000 FPP, i would go back to full tilt with their rakeback plan.

this is why I am asking this.