Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2006, 11:59 PM

Default David Addington: Most Powerful Man You\'ve Never Heard Of

I read this article this afternoon while waiting for a haircut. A search of the last 25 weeks of posts in the Politics forum showed that "David Addington" was mentioned just once (by Howard Beale). So, it seems a lot of postes here don't know him like the article suggests.

U.S. News and World Report Article
Old 05-31-2006, 06:41 AM

Default Re: David Addington: Most Powerful Man You\'ve Never Heard Of

I'd bet that he doesn't like the exposure being Cheney's chief of staff brings him.

In the thread about the FBI search of that Congressman's office I said that if Addington thought the FBI over-reached there must be something to it. This quote from the article is supportive of my comment:

Thus began a lifelong love affair with the U.S. Constitution. Even today, Addington carries a copy in his pocket and doesn't hesitate to wield it to back up his arguments. "The joke around here," says a senior congressional staffer with a chuckle, "is that Addington looks at the Constitution and sees only Article II, the power of the presidency."

He is a champion of the powers of the Executive Branch and for him to think that the Executive Branch over-reached is telling.