Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: We lack O8 tournaments already - now this

Plateau - to the best of my knowledge they did not have one for USPC last year, but they DID have one in November in the "Trump Classic." That's where I talked to a tournament director on smoke break who said they were adding the PLO8 to this year's USPC. Glad to see follow through.

Truthiness - I doubt Stars would change a schedule for that. Their player pool is worldwide, and last year's $340 PLO8 at Taj in November got 165 people. If even half were stars players (and that seems accurate from my count) that's still fewer than 100 people out of the hundreds that play WCOOP events. People are already playing satellites for WCOOP, so changing a date on someone who already won a seat would be sketchy. They announced dates first anyway, and I doubt the B&M world wants to be the one to move for the online world.

Just something I will bring to the Taj people's attention for next time. Still, somehow I think they are more concerned about the main event turnout with the other live 10k competition they will be facing. See main tournament circuit area for that thread.