Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If Santana Moss doesn't play this week, who plays?
G. Jennings @ MIN 2 22.22%
Re. Williams vs HOU 7 77.78%
Ma. Clayton @ TEN 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: ***** Clash of the Titans, Week 9: NE @ Ind*****

I don't even know what to say. I do think that it has to be mentioned, when people talk about NE being more improved than Indy this year, they're right.

You can't really improve from Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Clark, and Addai without adding someone like Moss. The Pats offense realistically couldn't have gotten much worse. The Colts offense couldn't get THAT much better as they were pretty much the best until this season.

The D is playing well, and I really have no freaking idea what to expect next week. Jason Campbell is "meh" so I'm not surprised the Skins didn't keep it closer by keeping up with the offense, but I am surprised that their defense played like that. They were ranked 5th against the run and 8th against the pass coming into the game.

Speaking of defensive stats, the Colts are ranked first against the pass this year. 973 total yards allowed, 162.2 yards per game. The rushing D is still somewhat suspect, but capable of coming up big when it counts. The Colts are allowing 269.5 yards per game TOTAL. Obviously a big part of that is clock control on offense, but that's still going to be important.

The longer Peyton and company can keep Brady and Moss off the field, obviously the better. I don't think that, even if the Pats do win, it'll be as big a blowout as some think. Little known stat: Indy leads the league with the fewest penalty yards against with only 148. New England ranks 25th with 350. It may just come down to who can keep from making mistakes at the wrong time.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just thought this, I think it would be awesome if the game ended in a tie and both teams end up going undeafted for the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even as a die hard Colts fan, I gotta admit that this would be so sick. I'm about to go look it up b/c I can't even remember when the last tie was in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens about once every five years in the NFL, so we're due for one. But you're really only going to see this in a defensive game, considering that in order for a tie to happen, both teams have to go an entire quarter without scoring.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Over/Under: 57.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously, when was the last time an O/U in the NFL this high?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not including this year it's happened 7 times since 1990, and all of those since 2000

2000-7 ATL/STL - 59 (O w/ 74)
2000-9 STL/SF - 63 (U w/ 58)
2000-10 CAR/STL - 60 (U w/ 51)
2000-14 STL/CAR - 58 (U w/ 19 lol)
2001-16 IND/STL - 59 (P w/ 59)
2004-9 MIN/IND - 58 (O w/ 59)
2004-15 OAK/KC - 60 (O w/ 61)
Old 10-29-2007, 12:32 AM

I think the only way indy wins is if manning plays lights out ball like he did vs the pats in last years AFC championship game.

Plus Brady will need to throw a pick. Both these things need to happen. If both teams show up then Indy can't win.

Remember a horrible Pats team was one third down dropped ball conversion away from a win last year, in Indy.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:33 AM

i agree that this will be one of the best games to watch this year, simply because as a pats fun it will be fun watching a "decently close game." by that i mean, the pats will only win by 2-3 touchdowns.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:37 AM

the Pats are the second biggest favorite this week, only behind Pittsburgh.

WAS is -3.5 @ NYJ, a similar point spread. The Jets are one of the worst teams in the league while Washington is probably average. Are the Pats so much better than everyone else that the difference between the Pats and the 2nd best team is 1 point greater than an average team and one of the worst?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree that this will be one of the best games to watch this year, simply because as a pats fun it will be fun watching a "decently close game." by that i mean, the pats will only win by 2-3 touchdowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

plenty of people will bet with you cocky NE fans at Indy+14
Old 10-29-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'm a broke college student but if you want to do it for $100 I'm willing (Pats winning by > 2 TD's). Private message me.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

You are a silly, silly person
Old 10-29-2007, 01:07 AM

This is the most excited I have been about a regular season game in my life.
The Pats-Colts rivalry will be classic (like 49ers-Cowboys in the 90s or Steelers-Cowboys in the 70s).
I think HFA will be the key here. Patriots would win in NE, but Colts would win in Indy.

I agree with whoever said that "Patriots pissed at the universe" won't make a difference. I don't really understand why they are "pissed at the universe", it seems strange to act as if an injustice had been committed to them, when they cheated. The penalty imposed on them was definitely not even harsh enough.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the only way indy wins is if manning plays lights out ball like he did vs the pats in last years AFC championship game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Peyton Manning wasn't lights out vs the Pats in the AFC championship game.