Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage ti

[ QUOTE ]
It's the same reason that nobody can name the last five MLB players who tested positive for steroids; but everyone knows about the "flaxseed oil" Barry Bonds used. Bonds gets more scrutiny because he's a much better player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Palmeiro was a pretty big name. And Betancourt has been pretty key for the Indians.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's the same reason that nobody can name the last five MLB players who tested positive for steroids; but everyone knows about the "flaxseed oil" Barry Bonds used. Bonds gets more scrutiny because he's a much better player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Palmeiro was a pretty big name. And Betancourt has been pretty key for the Indians.

[/ QUOTE ]

and has a single announcer in the ALDS or ALCS mentioned it?
Old 10-18-2007, 03:17 PM

would the next nit who mentions the 'omg you're not part of the team how can you say we' be banned plz? it's ridiculous. I say 'we' a lot because it's a lot easier than saying 'my team', 'the team', or 'the organization and its affiliated sponsors lozl'
Old 10-18-2007, 03:22 PM

sshhhh its allowed when making fun of patriot fans
Old 10-18-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither one of those players are in the last five to test positive for steroids. Betancourt tested positive back in 2005; but the last five were Neifi Perez (twice), Juan Salas, Guillermo Mota, Jason Grimsley, and Yusaku Iriki.

Either way, the point is that when you're successful you're going to get more pub for better or worse. Boston is a big market and when their clubs are succesful they're going to get more praise than other successful clubs (see: Diamondbacks/Rockies). When one of their teams gets caught cheating they're also going to get more pub than less successful teams or teams in smaller markets.

That's just the nature of the beast.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage time?

[ QUOTE ]
This is something they dealt with tonight on Inside the NFL. I feel like sooner or later Brady is going to take some dirty late hit from a ticked off linebacker ending this whole thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate the Patriots as much as others and i hope Brady gets hit dirty but i have no problem with them supposedly running up the score. No one was saying [censored] Last year when the Chargers would be winning by 3tds with 3 minutes to go and LT was still in the game scoring.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do pats fans realize why everyone hates them?
Reread your posts and it becomes painfully obvious

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Simmons doesn't help the cause either.

His last article on the Pats was the most ridiculous article I've ever read.

I def agree that the arguments made by Pats fans/writers makes them easier to hate than the spy cam stuff.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
/cue Edge coming in and saying the Colts would never run up the score on any team no matter how insulted they felt.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I've had problems with my Internet from Charter for the past few days...but I have to say, this is one of my favorite posts in my entire history at 2p2.

I'm so in your head that you have to come on here with your little childish jabs. Didn't come back quite so hard when it was Richard Tanner saying they probably wouldn't (oh wait, he only said 98%).

Do I think they would? No. That's because, as far as I can tell, Tony Dungy has WORLDS more class than Bill Belichick.

THAT being said, do I care so much that the Pats are running it up on teams? Not really. Do I think that, if it really is because they're still upset they got caught cheating, that they're being petty and childish? Maybe a little, but not so much that its going to piss me off. They can score 200 on everybody all year if they want...as far as I'm concerned, both the Colts and Pats are undefeated, and that's all I care about at this point.

Keep trying there kyro...when you hit puberty and become an adult, maybe you can get me out of your head. Your childish little jabs really don't bother me at all.

EDIT: I'd also like to mention, since I see its been talked about so much, I will be THE FIRST (or as close as I can be) to condemn anybody who it looks like is trying to take cheap shots at Brady, Moss, or whoever just because they're pissed that the Pats are running up the score. Two wrongs certainly don't make a right, and I would NEVER support intentionally injuring another player, no matter how much I dislike that team. I hope it doesn't happen, because an AFC title game between full-strength Colts and Pats teams would probably be an amazing game to watch, and honestly I don't think either team would have anything to complain about - two amazing teams playing football at its highest level. Regardless of any team affiliations, who could ask for more?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
/cue Edge coming in and saying the Colts would never run up the score on any team no matter how insulted they felt.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I've had problems with my Internet from Charter for the past few days...but I have to say, this is one of my favorite posts in my entire history at 2p2.

I'm so in your head that you have to come on here with your little childish jabs. Didn't come back quite so hard when it was Richard Tanner saying they probably wouldn't (oh wait, he only said 98%).

Do I think they would? No. That's because, as far as I can tell, Tony Dungy has WORLDS more class than Bill Belichick.

THAT being said, do I care so much that the Pats are running it up on teams? Not really. Do I think that, if it really is because they're still upset they got caught cheating, that they're being petty and childish? Maybe a little, but not so much that its going to piss me off. They can score 200 on everybody all year if they want...as far as I'm concerned, both the Colts and Pats are undefeated, and that's all I care about at this point.

Keep trying there kyro...when you hit puberty and become an adult, maybe you can get me out of your head. Your childish little jabs really don't bother me at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

More class(praise Jesus)...but less rings. I'm sure BB can live with that trade off.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do pats fans realize why everyone hates them?
Reread your posts and it becomes painfully obvious

[/ QUOTE ]

But it isn't them talking, they're just stating what the organization would say if they were here!