Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD******

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ya...and veece youll be happy to know ive officially changed my stance, pennington cant be very effective without a running game, he had it today and still struggled, its time for clemens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree but I definitely think its time for the coaches to start calling some propoer plays. 4th and 1 on the 3, shotgum? I don't mind passing the ball too much, but wtf is with showing pass????

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahha...oh god.
Once I saw the shotgun and Coles isolated on his man, it was so obvious what was coming. They do this play often enough but on 4th and 1 in that situation it's terrible.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:12 PM

Thomas Jones is running wild and we have 4 plays within the 5 and he touches the ball once?

In other news, I thought Dewayne played great today.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:24 PM

The more I think about this game, the more I laugh. What pathetic coaching, terrible playcalling.

The defense played excellent today, holding the Eagles to 17 points is excellent, bend but don't break! But the offense just won't get it done!

If we do draft Jake Long, do we put him at RT and keep Brick at LT, or Long at LT and Brick at RT?
Old 10-14-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The more I think about this game, the more I laugh. What pathetic coaching, terrible playcalling.

The defense played excellent today, holding the Eagles to 17 points is excellent, bend but don't break! But the offense just won't get it done!

If we do draft Jake Long, do we put him at RT and keep Brick at LT, or Long at LT and Brick at RT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Drafting another tackle in the top 5 would be a retarded decision to make, The guy earlier was referring to Chris Long (Howie Long's Son)...Hes a 3/4 D lineman from Virginia who Scounts Inc has rated the top prospect along with Glen Dorsey.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:43 PM

As much as I would love Jake Long, I don't think the Jets take him. D-Brick would suck at RT, and if you ever take a tackle that early, it better be for the QB's blindside. It would cost too much money.

Brettr I agree, D-Rob played a good game today, and I would even go as far as saying that he's not part of the defensive problem.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:20 PM

what [censored] playcalling, i wanted to throw my laptop at the tv when i saw that shotgun formation
Old 10-15-2007, 12:22 AM

anyone have any hope that mangini gets fired?

also, if we were to stick with the 3-4, how about drafting/getting a huge DT, and moving robertson to defensive end?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone have any hope that mangini gets fired?

also, if we were to stick with the 3-4, how about drafting/getting a huge DT, and moving robertson to defensive end?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think asking a rookie to play 0 technique at the NFL would be a mistake. Though, I have no basis for this and am just assuming almost any rookie would get ate up in that spot.

How many NCAA teams play a 3-4 or a 50 bear where you would have a 0 technique.

Anyway the reason I came into this thread was to ask what you guys thought of D'Brick now. I watched some of the Jets game today and wasn't really paying attention to a specific lineman but the line looked decent. I was at the Jets-Giants game last week and they didn't look awful then either.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:22 AM

Brick hasn't been mentioned by the announcers in a while, which is a good thing. He has made tremendous strides from last year when he was terrorized.

SMIGLET - I like the idea of drafting a fatass to play NT and then moving D-Rob to end. Regarding firing Mangini, it just won't happen, at least not for another 2 years. If we did, our franchise wouldn't be attractive to other coaches. I really thought the Jets turned the page after Bradway stepped down and last year, but this year the FO and CS are up to the classic Jets way.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:42 AM

Firing Mangini would be a mistake. Getting rid of Chad as starter would also be a mistake IMO. He has won before and can still win.

The defense was better yesterday, as was the running game. But the offensive play calling in the redzone looked suspect at times. It's frustrating, because the Jets have been failing to put it ALL together so far this season (Miami are bad lets face it). IMO, the team is not playing to the sum of it's parts. Either the defense is terrible; or we can't run the ball; or the offensive playcalling is bad. While none of these things are misfiring at the same time - they haven't fired together as of yet.

The logic of bringing in Clemons still escapes me tbh. As does talk of getting rid of D - Rob - or other quick fixes. What I would like to see happen for the rest of the season is Mangini swallow his pride and change back to the 4 - 3, fine tuning it for the remainder of the season (it was better yesterday - so what).

I guess this is where being a fan becomes interesting. Would you rather they start pulling it together and finish out the rest of the season with a few wins and some confidence? Or would you prefer them to mainly lose out the rest of the season and get that first draft choice?