Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD******

[ QUOTE ]
We all know the defense blows massively. That ain't changing this season. Mangini wants that to keep happening, so we're stuck with it.

BUT! if we start Clemens, at least we will know if he is the quarterback of the future. We lose nothing by giving Clemens playing time, but we can potentially gain years of playing time experience for him if he starts. If he does start, he'll be going into next year knowing the offense, not being afraid of getting hit, just better understanding, much more then he could learn holding the clipboard watching Chad dump off to Leon.

START CLEMENS!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I said this last week and everyone [censored] on me, and I was the Jets fan that didn't know crap. <3 Jets fans.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We all know the defense blows massively. That ain't changing this season. Mangini wants that to keep happening, so we're stuck with it.

BUT! if we start Clemens, at least we will know if he is the quarterback of the future. We lose nothing by giving Clemens playing time, but we can potentially gain years of playing time experience for him if he starts. If he does start, he'll be going into next year knowing the offense, not being afraid of getting hit, just better understanding, much more then he could learn holding the clipboard watching Chad dump off to Leon.

START CLEMENS!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I said this last week and everyone [censored] on me, and I was the Jets fan that didn't know crap. <3 Jets fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you're just saying this to show your intelligence or maybe attacking me, but I was with you last week, mang. (I'm mostly taking your statement as 'I'm brilliant', but just want to clarify)

Anyway, not sure if it was said in this thread, but Mangini already called Pennington the starter in press conference. I'll be at the game also. Since I'm sure it'll be a terrible performance by Penny against a blitz heavy Eagles team, I'll be watching some players. (Revis, Harris when in, the lines) I'll give you my report when I could get home
Old 10-08-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

START CLEMENS!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it when

a: we weren't 1-4.
b: Chad played pretty well that Sunday.

"I think we should start David Harris." Please notice that this statement will have varying degrees of sensibility whether uttered the day after draft day, during minicap, or after week 10.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

START CLEMENS!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you're just saying this to show your intelligence or maybe attacking me, but I was with you last week, mang. (I'm mostly taking your statement as 'I'm brilliant', but just want to clarify)

Anyway, not sure if it was said in this thread, but Mangini already called Pennington the starter in press conference. I'll be at the game also. Since I'm sure it'll be a terrible performance by Penny against a blitz heavy Eagles team, I'll be watching some players. (Revis, Harris when in, the lines) I'll give you my report when I could get home

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Not attacking you at all sir that wasn't my intention.

2) Yes, I am pretty much saying I am brilliant lol

Just saying it's funny how it takes 1 week for people to call me an idiot then change to "yeah I agree with the whole bench Pennington thing". I think I was the only one on the bandwagon (you might have been too, but I don't wanna search past posts) and now I'm seeing it fill up :-)
Old 10-08-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just saying it's funny how it takes 1 week for people to call me an idiot then change to "yeah I agree with the whole bench Pennington thing"

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you realize that people can disagree with you then agree with you from one week to the next *and* still justifiably consider you a moron.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:01 PM

So if I'm a moron and had an opinion.
And now people agree with my opinion after blasting it the whole season.
Does that make me any more moronic than the people who now agree with me? I think it would make myself less, but whatever.

EDIT: Yeah this is me being a troll :-)
Old 10-08-2007, 07:07 PM

Why did I take you off ignore?

Do you not understand that when you say something its either reasonable or not reasonable depending on WHEN you said it?
[ QUOTE ]
Does that make me any more moronic than the people who now agree with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

The word in bold indicates time.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:18 PM

Veecee-
i think alotta people still had hopes for this team to be a playoff team and were hoping for some better play from the defense and running game. If the jets were to have gotten that pennington would be without a doubt the best option to win. However, mangini's stubborness and the defense and running game continual atrocious play have lead people to give up all hope for a postseason. Since clemens is still raw putting him in so early would have been a bad decision, but now at 1-4 and with pennington finally actually playing bad there isnt as much to lose by putting clemens in. You just gave up much faster than everyone else

i compare you to the idiots on the fan 660 am who would call in last year saying that the yankees needed to trade arod after every game that he went 0-4 and the yankees lost
Old 10-08-2007, 08:34 PM

guys, my support for pennington was because i thought he was playing well (high % completion), but yea, his performance was not great last week...

another reason y i wanted chad was because i was still holding out hope for the playoffs and chad is way better suited at leading us there...the season isn't over and some of you are already being realistic and want to test out clemens and i can understand that...

i guess another loss and i'll be on board for it too...

on vilma, first, i don't think they can get a 1st rounder for him, just a guess on my part really...

regardless, i want to keep him, he's talented and the change to the 3-4 really seems to have coincided with his drop off, but again, who knows if/when they'll change the scheme...it's hard to find linebackers with his skills and since the jets will be in the market for another LB in the draft, it seems pointless to trade him and get another one unless we really think he's a fluke...
Old 10-08-2007, 09:34 PM

That's fair and you guys are certainly better fans than I am if you can stick it through with this sad sack bunch. But after the loss to Buffalo, how can you have any hope? OK I know you can't just give up after 4 games but good teams do not lose to the Buffalo freaking Bills (as I'm writing this they are laying the smackdown on the Cowboys lol). I said before, the team's biggest stretch of games was these last 3, and we went 1-2. That's awful considering this was a playoff team last year and drastic changes weren't made.

Well I'm glad that everyone is seeing Penny's limitations and this can finally end these arguments that I seem to be enforcing. All I'm pretty much saying is that that it's funny to me how 1 week in the NFL can change so many opinions. I'm definitely not Miss Cleo or the biggest genius in the sports forum, but I find amusement that people who were so pro-Pennington are seeing the light. At this point, I'm not even sure if CP gives us the best chance to win.