Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Censorship in american TV, WTF?!

[ QUOTE ]
OP appears to need a more nuanced approach to free speech. Below is a good place to start. I would be surprised if OP's country has as developed a tradition of free speech. Just cause we don't show boobs or say fu*k on tv doesn't mean we don't have freedom of specch. E.g., more leanient liable laws in the UK, not allowed to wear head scarves in France, etc. Swearing on TV is not the alpha and omega of free speech.

primer on American law and free speech

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to blame him. Most of these foreign types are pretty new to civil liberties. How can you expect them to really have a grasp on what's important? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2006, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP, ever watch HBO?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the channel itself (I am in Europe) but I seen alot of shows from there, like Bullsh*t. Even there they can't say some things, beacuse they are afraid of getting suied. I think it is horrible when they do not say ceritan things beacuse it could cost them money, or they tape over logos beacuse it does not bring them money. Some programs are full of it. Like the hats/shirts of WPT for example.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:50 AM

I did study media communication in high school for three years, I think I do know a thing or two how the media world works.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did study media communication in high school for three years, I think I do know a thing or two how the media world works.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha...ya, Im sure a high school communications class taught you a ton about hte real world. HAHAHAHA
Old 07-18-2006, 11:02 AM

Atleast I know more than an average Joe like you ever will. And it was not just a class... Do some of you retards have nothing else to do than try to flame people all day?
Old 07-18-2006, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure you made this thread with the sole purpose of turning it into a trollish "I hate Americans" thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I did not. I am not the one talking saying things like "OK - tell me where you live - wiping out whatever country educated a moran like you strikes me as a good idea." You and other people messed this thread up, not me. If the thread does not intrest you, then don't bother even reading it, yet alone making crappy replys.

Trying to talk about things in OOT, lol, what a waste of time it is.....

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I was interested in the thread until you derailed it and started mindlessly bashing Americans. We don't all agree with our president and his actions. If YOU weren't so closed-minded, you might see that.

Why watch American TV shows if yours are so far superior anyway? If you want raunchy language and boobies on TV, then pony up the extra money for HBO or Skinimax.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Atleast I know more than an average Joe like you ever will. And it was not just a class... Do some of you retards have nothing else to do than try to flame people all day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I am smarter than you. I went to an EXPENSIVE private High School, seeing as High Schools are the end all of intelligence, I win. Moran.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nah, I am smarter than you. I went to an EXPENSIVE private High School, seeing as High Schools are the end all of intelligence, I win. Moran.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh I see now, you are God. The more you pay for education the better person you are, clearly. LOL, thank you for once again confirming how stupid people are.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh I see now, you are God. The more you pay for education the better person you are, clearly. LOL, thank you for once again confirming how stupid people are.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont seem to sense the sarcasm in my posts. You are the one that stated your credentials by citing your High school communications class, which I thought was hilarious. This whole little exchange was to get you to realize that High school is a joke, and becuase you took a few classes doesnt mean you are Stephen Hawkings. Ya dig? And you are NO WHERE NEAR as smart as you think you are.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic